• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Help! Club meeting demo ideas

Gator

Hey guys. I need some ideas for modeling demonstrations for our club meetings. We're trying to build membership and we need to do more than just sit around and talk business.

Anything aspect of modelling from the basics to advanced topics should be fair game.

Decaling, assembly, super detailing, using an airbrush, working with PE, working with resin, when and were to use different types of adhesives, painting figures, how to tell the difference between types of Shermans, Tigers, Phantoms. etc, using the internet as a research tool, making and painting groundwork or buildings, using specific types of paints (AlClad, acrylics, enamels, etc), weathering (filters, washes, pastels, pigments, etc), removing seams or scratches from canopies, filling seams, rigging ships or bi-planes, airbrush maintenance, painting woodgrain, masking for camouflage, modeling on the cheap, details judges look for at contests, photgraphing your models, adding lights and/or motors to models, ...

Cheers,
Rich

I think it's in there someplace already, but, yes...airbrushing.

It's one of those things that I'm always asking myself, "am I doing this right?"

And agreed, soldering too.

Tom

Back