• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hello Everyone

90designer

Hi,
just introducing myself, I'm from Gloucestershire, England, 53 and been into modelling for 40 odd years. I've tried just about everything, aircraft vacforms ( anyone remember those?) to the latest hi-tech multi media capitol investments. Rediscovered AFV about four years ago. Finding myself increasingly limited by the ruinous prices of the new stuff. In UK the latest Dragon models seem to be about £45-50 - add PE and replacement tracks machined barrels etc., and you are close to the £100 mark.
On the bench at the moment Dragon Sd.Kfz 250/8 and the Trumpeter Panzerjaeger 39(H) Marder I ( both ebay bargains!)

G'day 90 :laugh: ,

Welcome to Tanks and Things :laugh: , looking forward to seeing some of your builds !

Hmmmmm :unsure: with the prices of kits I would advise you to check some of the bigger mail order companies , Lucky Model , Hobby Easy and Cyber Hobbies all have some great discounts on the latest kits , some deals are free shipping or just discounted prices or two for one deals . Shop around , the money is better off in your pocket than someone elses ;) , we have a best buys section in hot gossip where we often put great buys as well :) (just ask us blondes we know how to shop ;) )

Jenny :kiss:

Hiya,
I've tried using Lucky etc, but the last time I used them I got stuck with Import tax from the Customs and excise!!. Model ended up just as expensive as if I had bought it in the UK.

welcomeaffe.gif

welcome on board!

Welcome to the site where flieger thingys don't rate (not too often anyway). I use Ebay to get alot of the kits that I want. Being in a position where I'm limited to hobby shops (total number "0"), I often rely on Ebay. Usually you can find what you want for a little less than the market price. So good luck with building armor again and remember, it's a tank, so if you make a mistake, slap some mud on it. Later tomater.

Hiya 90 :huh: .

Welcome to T&T.

Anything you do would work for us here, so long as you let us see what it is you do ;) .

And as far as cost, have you seen any of the "Orange Line" from DML? They are older kits, but they have some updated bits and pieces to sharpen them up a bit. If you are not into competing in contest, they can still make some real nice kits. Anyways, that is just one more possible option open for you.

Gary B)

Back