• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Heller 1/72 Mirage 2000N / Rafale A

Adam Baker

Decided to try throwing my hat in this one.

While looking through my stash, I found a box for a 1/72 kit that I forgot I had. Opened it up, and found out its actually 2 kits, a Mirage 2000 N & a Rafale A. Been a very long time since I've built a 1/72 plane, and now I'm gonna give it a go to do 2 of them.

Builds will be completely OOB.

And the requisite start images.

Micro001.jpg

Micro002.jpg

And my progress. Got started last night, and worked on it for probably about 90 minutes tonight.

Micro003.jpg

So far fit has been satisfactory. Not stellar, some sizable gaps in places, but nothing too major. Probably the biggest issue I'm having to deal w/ are the raised panel lines on the Rafale. Been a very long time since I've done a model w/ raised panel lines, and I'm trying to preserve as much of the detail as I can so its making slow going but I think I'm doing pretty good so far.

Thankfully it looks like I've got all the paints I need to do these to, or colors close enough for me, so I dont have to worry about buying any paint either. Hoping that maybe by Saturday evening I might be able to start laying down some paint, but we'll see I suppose.

Back