• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hell In The Pacific Japanese Type 103 Transport

ErnieS

Figured I would throw this one in, this is a sort of a practice kit as I have not built a ship in quite some time, so I can get in a little practice before I get too deep into the HMS Abercrombie, which will be much more involved I fear.

I worked on this a bit last night, and made some decent progress. The first thing was to remove an ejector pin mark from each side of the hull interior near the bow door opening. I have not decided if I will display the finished model with the bow door open, but just in case I figured I should take care of this. I used a flat X-Acto blade that I have ground down so that it is only about 1/16 wide to clean out between the molded detail.

Then brushed it with a bit of liquid cement to smooth it out and when that had dried a light sanding, not perfect but close enough.

After this the hull halves and deck sections were assembled together. The fit was decent, but putty will still be needed in some areas.

So next is the putty and sand routine, and a bit of research to try to determine railing layouts etc.

Nice. think I know how to smooth out some sharp edges on the Bradley that shouldn't be there. :popcorn

Cool beans. Nice work with the ejector mark. Why they do that where they do is beyond me.
:popcorn
James

Back