• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

He219 A7

Paulw

Since my P-40 took a nose dive in the build dept and went to the closet of doom. I foud that I had this hiding in the far reaches of the back of the top shelf.

I just started the pit and got this far in about two hours. I have gran children always pestering me.
here's the end result.
004_zps332b50a2.jpg

003_zpsb6839f0b.jpg

001_zpsbf17aed5.jpg

006_zpsf20a43c6.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Its the Tamiya He 219 A7 Terry. I am gearing up for the Revell 32 scale one in Dec.

It's a Tamiya shake and bake kit, Pauls not really building it he's just shaking the box and that is how the pieces are fallin out of it............. :D

It's a Tamiya shake and bake kit, Pauls not really building it he's just shaking the box and that is how the pieces are fallin out of it............. :D
Dont you wished your little trucks turned out that way? :dude

That is a nice kit! At one time, the best Uhu was the Dragon one with the Coopers Details sets. Then Tamiya came and blew that kit out of the water. I wonder how much better the Revell kit can be?

The dials on the panel look great, these are from the kit?

Regards,

I was really fortunate to get these decals to st correctly on the ip Saul and thanks for the compliment.
I am happy with this kit because the fit is so precise and tighter than Dick's hat band.So much so I think I will be able to paint and then assemble all the flying surfaces and not have to worry about filler.
001_zps78db53e4.jpg

The tail surfaces are a treat also.
002_zps444e0082.jpg

003_zpsdcb7ad48.jpg

the wing halves are not a problem and I have no warpage either.
005_zpsc5cb76de.jpg

I also really like the way the wing attaches to the fuselage. The large hole have dowels that go through them and the fuse to the other wing. This is aided by a couple of small pins on the leading and trailing edges to help lone things up.
004_zps2778a2e6.jpg

All in all I would say that if the Revell one is half as good as this one there wont be any issues with it but that's just my opinion.

Thanks for looking in...

Well I tried the reverse squiggle and this is what I came up with. I think My RLM76 is a little too blue.
IMG_1512.jpg

how did you do the lines Paul?

looks more grey on my monitor but that could be camera settings - if it's more blue to the eye all good to me!

Should be quite striking all over the kit.

Cheers!

I did some more looking through the books and I finally made a command decision. So I went over the squiggly stuff and did some mottling. Willy nilly it is but it sure looks better to me than the squiggles. I was using some real thin paint and it just spattered and ran so I poured a jar of MM 75 in a squeeze bottle I got from squadron and the thicker paint behaved better and I had much less waste of paint.

IMG_1536.jpg

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1538.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

Constructive comments welcome

Back