• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Hasegawa 1/48 J2M6

jeaton01

Finished this one this week. Nice easy build, but of course I broke off the antenna during decalingđź‘…. It's the J2M6 version, some say only one was built so I don't really know about the markings Hasegawa provided. There is no option for a closed canopy on the Hasegawa or Tamiya kits, I wish there was.

The last pictures are posed with a Hasegawa A6M2b in Pearl Harbor markings.

0071j2m.jpg

0141j2m.jpg

0181j2m.jpg

0191j2m.jpg

0241j2m.jpg

0261j2m.jpg

Thanks!

No, the initial design started in 1938 to counter Chinese raids. Lack of engineering manpower delayed it as everyone was tasked with improving the Zero. That also delayed the developmet of the A7M. There just wasn't enough of Jiro Horikoshi to go around.

A quick peak at references shows that only one J2M6a was built. I remember when Revell brought out this kit in 1/32... back in the dark ages of the late 60's early 70's. You have a great looking kit, John.

Back