• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Happy Thanksgiving and more

Barney

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

I have a request/suggestion, today when you sit down to eat far too much (its a tradition!) take a moment and think about the guys and gals that helped secure our freedoms.

I collect and donate kits to the local VA Domicile. There is a guy in our IPMS club that does this and I give the kits I gather to him.

My thought is that this is a small thing to do, but means a great deal to the folks who call the hospital home while going through treatment.

Y'all know I spent most of my early and mid-adult life in uniform. It was always a big deal to me when someone sent me a card or package when deployed (My ex's certainly didnt). So now it is time to pay it forward or pay it back.

Have a Happy and Blessed Day.

Barney L. Millisor, Captain, USAF
Retired

Let's see those birds!
Here's last year's fried one. I did a better looking one at Moms house.

1606418572832.png

Just doing a breast this year and it's still in the oven.

I'm just doing things on my own this year, the only folks in this house are me, myself and I. My boss and his wife sent a "care package" over that just arrived with all the yummies. Usually I would head back to Tulsa over this weekend, but family has shifted this year and things are such that it made more sense to stay home. Will be working tomorrow and have a lot to be thankful for.

I work for wonderful folks and have a pretty decent job that I like. My income is still stable and I am not in any great debt. Thought a lady out of my past had come back but that looks like it is a false alarm (also probably for the best) though some good could come from it long term. (but still remain single:good::dance:)

I am blessed and thankful that I am able to be content with my life. It is a good thing.

I think about those peeps past & present that make it safe for me to lay my head on my pillow all the time, and pray them (almost) daily

We’ze here in Tallahassee relaxing with our grad student/son. My Turkey dinner consisted of the Green Chili Bacon Burger from Whataburger, great stuff!

I forgot to take a shot of the whole bird.
Not pretty shot but dang good bird!

1606435815828.png

My brothers and sisters are all doing things with their families this year, just me and Cindy this year. Her Mom passed away back in May, my Mom passed away just a couple of weeks ago and Gary is in ICU with kidney failure, been in the hospital for the last 3 weeks and will likely be there for a while yet.

We are thankful we have each other and a bunch of great friends who keep sending us prayers and strength.

We were supposed to have a huge tri-family dinner at my step-daughter's house. Then 2 of the step-brothers got Covid. We have postponed it to December 5th. Meanwhile Carol, me, and the Covid Couple had a quiet dinner. Carol and I are napping and the kids are killing Zombies in the attic.

Bob, my condolences as well. It is tough losing someone around the holidays. Nice bird too.

Bruce, Whataburger Rocks!!

I did the same thing I always do: Went to Mass in the morning to give thanks to God. My church was also giving away free bread and pastries afterward. I got two large bags of dinner rolls like the ones sold at Costco; a huge apple pie and some cheese danishes. Afterwards, I and my wife headed to my wife's brother's house and spent it there with them. We had both turkey and prime rib, along with the usual fixings and the apple pie for dessert.

Back