• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Happy 80th Birthday, Poppinator!

NyteScrybe

Today is my dad, Bob Letterman's 80th birthday. Shout-out to the most awesome, talented, handsome dad in the known universe!!! Woot! Woot! 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Bob_Mike.jpg
Spfd.news.jpg
KemahBobcrop.jpg
femahbob02sm1.jpg
satevepost copy.jpg
000.jpg
Bob_Chess.jpg
images (30).jpg
letterman3 copy.jpg
Boy Scout copy.jpg
Bob_June1967.jpg
Bob_Joe2.jpg
Bob_Joe.jpg
Bob_Elvis.jpg
Bob_cycle.jpg
Bob_Brock.jpg

Last edited:
Have a wonderful day Bob!

Happy Birthday Bob!.jpg

Borrowed one of ChukW's pieces of art and modded it slightly. Am sure he wouldn't mind and at this point won't worry about it.

Thanks to all you guys!

Those photos range from when I was in the Boy Scouts to High school, the army, the police years, the VLS years and, if you include the two that MP posted, to recently in the Carolinas when I visited him, Christian, and Adam a few years ago. Then to the Chattanooga IPMs Nationals a couple of years ago.

I've been lucky in terms of aging. Apparently I don't look 80 as my nurses and doctors all remark that although I'm 80 chronologically, but much younger physically. I credit that to several things, good genes, (My daughter is 58 and looks in her 30s, Thanks Grandma!). I have spent my life in gyms weight training and power lifting, I ran 3 to 5 miles on a daily basis, (Ran not jogged), most of my life. All those are factors, but, I'm a realist, Nothing makes people immortal. Someday, hopefully not soon, I'll no longer be posting. When that day comes, believe me, I'll have no regrets. It's been a fantastic 80 years, I've been so very, very lucky! I just want you guys to know how much I have enjoyed your hospitality, jokes, and camaraderie. I've been on this site since 2006, and can personally vouch that it's THE absolute best!

Here is the latest photo I have of me down on the Gulf Coast.

Bob, Library02 copy.JPG

Thanks again!

Bob

Last edited:
Bob, I'm late to the party again! Happy Birthday my friend and I'm thrilled that I had the chance to finally meet you. You are an amazing person and have been something of a hero for me. Glad you made it to the Gulf Coast; it's beautiful there, especially in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area, as well as Pensacola.

I'm also thrilled to see Nytescrybe back on too, welcome back girl!

Wuht. 4/5's of a Century? That's awesome Bob. I am glad you are still kickin'! Hertzlichen Gluckwunsch zum Geburtstag!

Happy Birthday Bob! Like the others have said, you're one of the great inspirations to me as I've muddled on in my modeling and it's absolutely amazing to have you here continuing to do so with Logistics. Thank you for that and here's to many more birthdays to come!

Bob, I'm late to the party again! Happy Birthday my friend and I'm thrilled that I had the chance to finally meet you. You are an amazing person and have been something of a hero for me. Glad you made it to the Gulf Coast; it's beautiful there, especially in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area, as well as Pensacola.

I'm also thrilled to see Nytescrybe back on too, welcome back girl!
Hi Mark,

Thanks, We've been going to a suburb of Houston fro many years. The town of Kemah. It is a resort city. We've been to all the Gulf coast cool places like the ones you mentioned. We like Kemah the best! Google it!

Bob

Wuht. 4/5's of a Century? That's awesome Bob. I am glad you are still kickin'! Hertzlichen Gluckwunsch zum Geburtstag!
It is a long time my friend! I know, I lived it, but.... never long enough! My German is a bit rusty but Happy Birthday is a basic!

Thanks,

Bob

Happy Birthday Bob! Like the others have said, you're one of the great inspirations to me as I've muddled on in my modeling and it's absolutely amazing to have you here continuing to do so with Logistics. Thank you for that and here's to many more birthdays to come!
Thanks Jeeves,

I hope I have enough of them left to finish the damned thing! Believe me, I like having you guys on here even more than vice-versa!

Bob

Back