• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

HALFTRACKS II....SIGN UP

MrT

Master at Arms
Staff member
We have four day until the start of the campaign. Ok who's first?

1. Moonpuppy: Something
2. RichB: Sd. Kfz. 2 Kleines Kettenkrad (1/9 scale)
3. MrT: Sd.Kfz.7/2 3.7 cm Flak 37 w/Armor Cab
4. Lupanzer: Sd.Kfz 251
5. Zod: some zombie halftrack whatever
6. Chef: Famo and trailer
7. SADave: bug scale M16
8. Sherman18: GMC M3

I don't have anything in the stash but i'm in with something. I missed out on the first round, like to get that ribbon this time.

I have a couple of M3 variants, several SdKfz 251 variants and a large SdKfz 2 in the stash. One of them could be pulled out for this.

Cheers,
Rich

I am in. If I can't build a zombie slayer based upon the M2,it will be a historical one. Not sure what kind of historical half track............ :java

Well that's 7.....come on now there was like 18 votes for this build.

:ro:

Ok after long diliberation I have decided to go with the Sd.Kfz.7/2 3.7 cm Flak 37 w/Armor Cab from Dragon.

h7e4916e.jpg

In a moment of divine inspiration (or insanity :gogo ), my Sd. Kfz. 2 Kleines Kettenkrad spoke to me from the stash last night.

_28KGrHqR2C21r21F21-Voi0LuBQcCLNit2w~~60_12.jpg

Cheers,
Rich

Count me in, I have one of those Tamiya 1/48 scale Kettenkraftrads and might as well build it for this GB.

Not sure when I might start it but it will be within the next two weeks for sure.

Matrixone

Bob,
I have been re-reading my copy of ''JG 54, First In Combat With The Dora'' and spotted a neat photograph of a couple pilots on a Kettenkraftrad that had a two tone camouflage pattern and thought this would be fun to try and do in model form. :)
Sadly the model is quite small but I don't have any other halftracks in my kit stash to build. :(

BTW, the book I mentioned above is just fantastic and if you have a chance to get one grab it, yes there are some rare photographs in it but the text is what makes this book so outstanding.

Matrixone

Back