• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GWH 1/48 TBD-1 Devastator

coffee-drinker.gif

Regards,

Thanks guys..I have set this one aside for a bit...pieces are a little too delicate for my temperament at present...if I were to keep on breaking little pieces, I might send the big pieces flying as well ;)

Temperament is pretty good after the first of two weeks off ;). I will try to at least get the torpedo painted ;). I have three other projects that I actually have a chance of finishing before I take this one up again...

Ooooo Saúl-- I have another month...maybe I can get this one done after all...most of the construction is done-- just need to do paint and such...here is where the torpedo is at now--

006~40.jpg

Got some touching up to do before I go with the face...

Hi Ian...

I am trying to get the Churchill and Havoc off the bench and then I'll get a chance to start paint on the TBD...

I added an oil wash to the plywood fins of the torpedo the other day- but they still aren't dry enough to take pics..hope to get restarted this weekend...

LOL...finished the decals last night...today it's the fiddly bits and then I need to paint the actual face on the torpedo and a little weathering and I'll be finished. Will definitely be done by tomorrow night ;)

Bring it on Mike, we'll see who's the last one to post. I'm planning on posting late Friday night.

Awesome. I thought I would be finishing at the very last minute, too. But then I had a few late nights with nothing better to do and got more done than I thought I would.

Can't wait to see it.

Well...stayed home today with a migraine and was able to get some work done after a good long nap...the prop tip decals are a bit touchy...the last one crumbled in my hands...soooo I may handpaint it...although it is on the back side :dance

Still need to attach the entire canopy, finish the prop, add everything and the torp...and maybe just a touch of weathering although that might make me late. Did get the face painted on the torp...but you stinkers will have to wait for the pics ;)

Well....while the detail on this version is definitely hands down better than the old kit, the Revell TBD was certainly more enjoyable. First up is the torpedo art...if I had a real sized one, I think I would've done a bit better ;)
002~43.jpg

005~47.jpg

And now on to the mess....ill fit for the canopy....decals nice and yet not so at the same time...the attachment points for having the wings folded were craptastic at best...a master modeler might have had much more success...but I am glad this one is in my rear-view mirror....
008~33.jpg

009~26.jpg

010~21.jpg

Gonna go blow crap up on the PS3 for a bit....

Back