• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GWH 1/48 TBD-1 Devastator

Jeeves

OK...can't currently do the time stamo things since I have misplaced my iPod...hopefully since this one is a build where you can do a started kit, it'll be OK-- here is my kit...barely started really...just a small bit of cockpit paint...nothing else...

002%7E30.jpg

Some office progress....

I am using ModelAir Interior Green inside...still have some area to paint...reference pics are few and far between for the interior and everything is in the pre-war aluminum finish when I do spot some.
006%7E30.jpg

No idea what the little panel on the pedestal in the lower left of this pic is??--
007%7E30.jpg

Still more to add...and then I have to add the individual gauge decals to the panels...I'll be in this stage for a while yet....

Cool. Would love to build one of thiose in 1/32. Looking forward to seeing what you think of this kit.
James

Thanks Dave, Bob, and James!

James...yeah- I wonder whatever happened to that one Trumpeter was going to release? This kit is detailed as all get out, but it comes at a cost as trying to get some of the parts off the Sprue has been problematic...I have had a few parts break already..

Looking really good so far!

I've thought about getting this one and converting it to the experimental float version. Maybe GW will release it someday?

:popcorn

Thanks Dave, Bob, and James!

James...yeah- I wonder whatever happened to that one Trumpeter was going to release? This kit is detailed as all get out, but it comes at a cost as trying to get some of the parts off the Sprue has been problematic...I have had a few parts break already..

Great job so far. I've done this same kit and had the same issue with parts breaking as has Phil with his GWH P-61 kit - guess it's the price you pay for such fine detail or they just use dodgy plastic on all their kits :laugh: . Did enjoy it tho.

Thanks Dave!

Yeah...and with what I know know...even being extra extra careful, at times I get breaks :(

Here is where we are now...closing up the fuselage-- but some shots of inside first-- need to touch up the fire extinguisher a bit...
009%7E20.jpg

010%7E17.jpg

And closing up the rear side with no issues...
008%7E26.jpg

And then there's the front...
013%7E7.jpg

I think I can see which panel is in the way...once the glue I currently have in there cures, I will try to wiggle it into place.....

Nice work there, yes the GWH curse strikes without warning! may I suggest if you can leave off any part that sticks out until the very last because the little beggers will go ballistic on you.

Treat it with kid gloves.

have you ran into any glue adhesion probs? i find with the P-61 if I lightly scrap the plastic where the glue goes it sticks much better - I use Ca glue for all my builds

(y)

I used Tenax on the fuselage seams with no issues...but the Testors glue I use worked well too...

Back