• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Greetings

Well hi Cole
You said you're working on a shed, I also have a modeling shed out back.
Share some photos, what's your modeling history? Tell us about yourself. :popcorn

Well hi Cole
Share some photos, what's your modeling history? Tell us about yourself. :popcorn
I’m building a 10’x14’ to start painting my models. I’ve always loved to build things. I started with legos, messed with playdo and clay( which I still have a couple of bricks left), but I wanted to get military models that were realistic. And now after 8ish years here I am. And over the past 1-2 years I’ve been wanting to upgrade how my models looked and how to properly add decals. I live in Clarkesville, GA. And in September is when I found out about the artfullbarn ( Mr. Greg ) and a much bigger modeling community than I though there will be.

IMG_1903.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well hi Cole
Get ready for a terrible cringe. I could never get the decals to do right so I busted glue them on and accepted the outcome

IMG_4023.jpeg
IMG_8216.jpeg

Welcome!

This looks like the Revell 1/48th scale P-40B/C kit. If you strip and repaint, I will gladly replace those decals with some spares I have (of better quality). When you're ready, PM me your address and I will send them out.
1717678541509.png

The offer stands for any other spare decals I have (obviously I have a sharkmouth fetish!)
:shark::yipee: :shark:

Welcome!

This looks like the Revell 1/48th scale P-40B/C kit. If you strip and repaint, I will gladly replace those decals with some spares I have (of better quality). When you're ready, PM me your address and I will send them out.
View attachment 170382
The offer stands for any other spare decals I have (obviously I have a sharkmouth fetish!)
:shark::yipee: :shark:
Thx for the offer I’ll get back to you as soon as I finish my shed

To me it looks like the P40 is unpainted. Cole, would that be something you interested in tackling for that kit?
:victory:

To me it looks like the P40 is unpainted. Cole, would that be something you interested in tackling for that kit?
:victory:
Yes sir. I’m planning on painting my models from here on out. Again once I finish my shed I’m going to get to work. I bought (from a coworker) a spray paint gun & booth. I just don’t have room in my room to build or paint anymore models right. I have 15+ models sitting still in the boxes untouched.😢

Well hi Cole
Oh 1 last model history story. This was the very 1st models I ever got, not the same brand I think,. I was about 7-9 years old when I first tried to build a model. I’ll just say I was in way over my head. After building it I went back to legos and clay for awhile before I tried again.

image.jpg

Welcome aboard, Cole! I see many "old friends" in your model collection!

The Revell 1/72 CH-54A Skycrane kit was re-issued in 2010 and is largely unchanged. Pretty cool! It is said that model makers do so because we wish for more accurate & complex toys. You may well find many of us here are mischievious children of varying vintages.

Back