• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Gothaforce - New Aviation Pioneering Age Model Company

RichB

Gothaforce will be unboxing their first 1/32 kit tomorrow at Scale Model Challenge in Eindhoven, a Fokker D.VII OAW. Pictures of the box and one piece have been posted to their FB page.
FB_IMG_1729203708565.jpg

A picture of an engine cowl panel. It at least looks to be 3D printed, no hint if the whole kit is. There is mention of Gaspatch being involved.
FB_IMG_1729203691612.jpg

Cheers,
RichB

they look ready to make a splash.

Just got this email from Aviattic

Gothafarce
Hi, just a heads up as I distract myself from Christian Smeken's ongoing and looming "Gothafarce" announcements...and a reminder, I am in no longer, in any way connected to Smekens, though he still holds some Aviattic stock. His new promised kits are what I was working on before he hi-jacked the whole supposed 'collaboration' with Aviattic and created his own model company after having convinced a friend and colleague of mine that one particular project was his 'intellectual property'.
It will be painful to see my customers and friends wooed by this self-styled 'serial entrepreneur'... he has been approaching virtually everyone I know and have worked with, trying to recruit modellers, CAD designers and artists to produce these new products, some of whom have fallen for his 'charms'.. For legal reasons I will say no more. For now.

A couple of pictures of the kit. It will be all printed. No hint of price until next week when they hope to open pre-orders.

DVII 1.jpg

DVII 2.jpg

There was no love lost between the owner of Aviattic and Gothaforce following the partnership breakup a couple of years ago.

RichB

Yes we will ... we are just a little busy unloading from SMC ... and getting preordering up to speed. The reason for participating to this thread ... is not for the purpose of selling ... because ultimately the product will do all the talking ... and the market is always right. The reason is that we are available to answer any questions, concerns, suggestions. It's a brand new, revolutionary product ... so we understand that it comes with "seeing is believing" as opposed to "believing is seeing". Nothing more ... nothing less. We are here to help. #gothacrew

1/32 Aircraft modeling isn't truly in my "wheelhouse". :lol: Udet is one of my heroes, nonetheless.
Is 225 euros an attractive price-point for such a model kit?
Your thoughts, Brothers?

£185 or $240, depends on how much you want the subject but if its really good and i mean WnW quality or better its just about buyable.

If it was a Tamiya at that price it would be available at about 30% less after a few weeks but i doubt this small run stuff would drop that much.

Well as I said, that's expense....$365.00 AUD before postage to down under, so over $400 then. :blink
May as well get a WNW version [but luckily I have 8 of my own, which I purchased when they came out for $70 AUD, with free postage... except for 1 which I got from MP(Bob) - special Goering white edition with figure, which cost me about $350AUD all up with postage from USA at the time]. Still cheaper than this 3D print version.

There will be a market for it I suppose but I'm with Ian here. I think I got some more fokkers in the stash to build.

Last edited:
Back