• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Getting the kids interested..

Edward

Trying to get the young ones to get interested in building models.. The girls are mine and the kid is from the neighbourhood. Youngest one is painting a Tamiya 1/35 Stegosaurus, girl in the middle is building ESCIs 1/35 Abrams and the kid is building Academys 1/48 F-117A "Last flight". 

4.jpg

Getting the kids interessted..

Thats awesome. Its good to see the young ones getting into the hobby. (y) (y) (y)
Nice library htere too.
James

That's great, and with such a library to pull from why not get involved.

Good deal.

My boys were building when they were young, even handling an airbrush by 7, but once they hit 13, other interests and commitments take over. They're still interested in it, but there's little time.

There's so much to learn from building at a young age, it's really a shame that it's rare.

Two more pics. Sorry for the quality though..

Ill let them enjoy this as long as they like it. But I hope that they will at one point learn to be (a little more) patient and understand how to follow a manual. It gives them focus, and also they can see a resut of something they have made.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Library was much larger when I got married and we combined all our books together (yes we both likes ro read :) ) Now we have finally managed to thin the shelves allot giving allot away to fleamarkets and such, and throwing the rest. Kinda sad throwing away books, but it was mainly crap anyway..

Perhaps you can see the pink sherman behind the youngest one.. :) That was the first tank my oldest made. When I asked her what kind of color she wanted I was thinking she wanted to have the normal green.. But nope.. Pink! - was the answer.. So pink it became. With white stars. Ended up pretty nice.

Heres a pic. from the painting of it.

bilde%25203.JPG

Too cool! It's great to see the next generation picking up the air brush, er, torch. Enjoy the times together, it is fleeting. :notworthy (y)

Edward,

Let me know what interests them... I may toss something in with the next shipment. ;-)

Regards,

So coincidental you should post this now....

....When I'm building cars, my 7yo always puts in an appearence, I think it's because she can relate to the subject easier - and she's very, very good at mixing paints. I have a '70 Chevelle bodyshell in a stunning turquoise metallic that she mixed for me.

My 5yo boy has not really shown much interest.... until earlier this week !! I was prepping my latest project when he wandered-up and asked if he could help. I'd just separated some resin ejector seats from the molding block, so I drew a rough triangle shape, gave him an old X-Acto razor saw and asked him to cut the block into the triangle shape.

He got distracted before he finished by his wee buddy coming around to play, but he made a great start - from nowhere he just 'got it' right away.

Who can tell. It may be a passing thing or the start of something more.

Ian

Back