• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

GAZ AAA

S

Swanny

This is the Unimodel 1/48 GAZ with quad Maxim machine guns. For a little tiny kit it certainly took some time. The truck side of the build went together fairly well other than having tons of little tiny parts that were pretty fiddly. The soft plastic was not helpful at all. The Maxim guns were a major PIA. Several key support parts were designed too short and had to be replaced with scratch parts, while designed to be mobile on two axis it was beyond my skills (and probably most anybody else) to actually achieve this. I loved the truck and hated the guns. The way it looked to me was Unimodel put considerable time into developing and trouble shooting the truck side of the kit but rushed the guns. Since this basic truck shows up in at least three other boxings with different accessories this does explain a few things (to me). Now I just need to find some good Russian figures to put with it.
done1.jpg

done2.jpg

done4.jpg

done5.jpg

Ya can't tell you had that much trouble with it Matt, well done. Did you do a WIP thread at your site?

Yeah, you'll find this in the group build section under Ack Ack.

Thanks, Really nice work! Should play well with all these Flying Thingy haters around here.
piliot.gif

Back