• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

French AMX-30B2

A bit more progress on this but for some reason I didn't take pic's of the cammo going on.
So the tank at this stage has had 2 hit's with Sin Filters Desert Cammo wash to tone the yellowness down.
Also some chipping was applied prior to the washes going on.
Now I have given the aft of the tank some exhaust staining.

DSC_0163_rs.jpg

DSC_0164_rs.jpg

DSC_0165_rs.jpg

I have taken several pic's of this effect in different light to see if the effect is over done.
Feedback would be greatly appreciated.

DSC_0166_rs.jpg

DSC_0167_rs.jpg

DSC_0168_rs.jpg

DSC_0169_rs.jpg

DSC_0170_rs.jpg

When the turrent is fitted the edge of the shading is covered in shadow.

Time to finish this build off and clear the bench.

Made up some wire cables to replace the plastic jobs.

DSC_0174_resize.jpg

DSC_0175_resize.jpg

These received a wash of oily steel to blend em a bit.

I wanted to sit this on a base so I whipped up this little job.

DSC_0231_resize~0.jpg

To start the base was sprayed with Model Air Dark Earth in a random way.Once dry a coat of watered down white glue was brushed on and sand was sprinkled on and left to dry.
Then a mix of sand and various Mig and Vallejo pigments of light and dark earth tones was mixed together and sprinkled on which was glued down with the watered down glue mix applied with a spray bottle.
For a final touch (experiment) some rust,carbon and rubbel dust pigments tapped off a brush to give the impression of the various oxides in the desert sands.

DSC_0232_resize~0.jpg

Now all I would like to do to this to call it complete is to wrap some cammo net around the barrel.

DSC_0233_resize~0.jpg

DSC_0234_resize~0.jpg

DSC_0235_resize.jpg

DSC_0236_resize.jpg

DSC_0237_resize.jpg

Any comments on how to improve are gratefully accepted.
Kurt. :D

What a beauty Kurt! My B is nearing the paint phase as well and I hope it comes out as well ;)

Love the base, finishes it off nicely. It's a little add-on that I wish I could find the time to build...even if it was just a crude tarmac base.

Thanks Jeeves
I'am happy with the way the cammo came out but I feel that I was a bit heavy handed on the chipping.

The base only took an hour all up to make helios,its not show quality but it looks ok on the shelf. :)

Thanks for the kind comments Kurt. (y)

Well after my phone deciding to crap it's self I have managed to find the final pics to finish this build.

I wanted to give the tank a cammo net as I have seen in some photo's.I have used a open weave type of bandage on this. I realize that the scale is a little out but I felt that given the environment and the fact that the wind can be rather brutal a heaver style of net would not be out of place.

DSC_0234_Resize1.jpg

A simple spraying of the base sand colour and the cammo colours was all that was needed to give it a little life.

DSC_0235Resize1.jpg

I folded the bandage in half length ways and secured it to the barrel with some white glue then wrapped it around the barrel.It was then draped around the tank and again fixed with white glue.

DSC_0238_Resize.jpg

DSC_0239Resize.jpg

DSC_0240Resize.jpg

DSC_0241Resize.jpg

So with that I am calling this done. :)

Back