• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

French AMX-30B2

Plastik Smurff

Here we go with the start up pic's.

DSC_0071_resize.jpg

DSC_0072_resize.jpg

DSC_0073_resize.jpg

This is the first modern tank I have attempted to build so tip's and hint's as well as pointing out stuff up's is welcome. :D
Even though there is a great aftermarket etch set for this tank I will stick to a box build (KISS theory )
although I may get the barrel for it. :idonno

That's the spirit, that's what the Campaigns are all about. Get into something you've never done before. I can't offer any advice other than Git'er done...:popcorn

Cool beans!

I really dig the camo scheme seen during Operation Desert Storm on the AMX-30B2.

https://youtu.be/vDMnIMolMbc

Gr,Ron.

Thank's for the thumb's up guy's,cool little clip to thank's Ron.
The detail in this kit look's great to my untrained eye although a little flash is present in places.

DSC_0071resize.jpg

The locating lugs for the chassis parts also needed to be trimmed to fit cleanly.
Chassis components on and access ports glued on.

DSC_0072resize.jpg

DSC_0073resize.jpg

The torsion bars run through the hull and the hydraulic shock assembly just clips to them so should I paint them separately and add them later to facilitate easy hull painting?

Kurt

A bit more progress,Top deck on.

DSC_0075resize.jpg

I was a bit suprised that the lenses in the periscopes are not a clear part considering that the colour call out for the lense is clear blue.

DSC_0074resize.jpg

Apart from that the detail is very good.

DSC_0076resize.jpg

Back deck and fender's on.

DSC_0077resize.jpg

DSC_0078resize.jpg

Kurt

Very nice kit Kurt, on those torsion bars and suspension rods, I'd say it would be a judgement call, I'm no painting expert, but if it's easier to get all sides covered, then paint them. If they won't show after the assembly, then paint them in place. Your doing a bang up job so far keep up the great work... :soldier (y)

Thanks for the good vibes guys (y)
Boy is there some parts on this thing,I have still got 3 sprues unopened in their bags and lot's left on the others :bang head I'am glad I didn't go full P/E on this one :gogo

Back