• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Francisco's 1/72 USCG Island Class WBP Scratch build.

IMG955984.jpg730575112 (3).jpg
So, it turns out I don't get to make the boat crane. Francisco beat me to it. He says the 18-footer is perfect. She stores on an inclined rack. I think a 16-footer may have fit better, but the references were scanty and we cain't ask Rafy and let the cat out of the bag!
Time will tell what Rafael's expert opinion is. I'm still working on the RHI boat instructions.
740791398.jpg
Finishing on the base gets a second varnish coat. More pictures as Francisco makes progress!
Thanks for looking in!

Weekend Update by Petty Officer Harry Bawls;
IMG_5993.jpeg
I made a tool to measure the height of the (aft) rail.
IMG_5992.jpg
Here's how it works.
IMG_5999.jpeg
Next, I finished the base. 3 coats of polyurethane. I am happy with how that turned out. As you know it takes hours to wait for each coat to dry but the results are worth the wait.
IMG_5997.jpeg
The boat back rail is about a third lower than the rest. I learned that the hard way. The inclined post is were the lines attach to. The top of the incline post is about waist high. (These actually deflect a towing line from the after bitt from the rudders and screws. CCR)
IMG_5996.jpeg
….and finally, I started to shape the main gun placement and ammo boxes? - I guess.
(Correct! Ready ammo lockers are mounted on legs with a little less incline. The Mk.38 mount base is a column that attaches to the deck. CCR)
IMG_5994.jpeg
Harry can’t wait to go and rescue someone!
(I think the front of the boat rack needs to be a little taller to make room for the starboard side ladder to the flying bridge. Damn. This kid is GOOD! CCR)

Back