• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Francisco's 1/72 USCG Island Class WBP Scratch build.

20240401_171922.jpg
1/72 Mk.38 25mm gun barrel arrived from Poland right riki-tik! My impressed! I might have ordered a 1/72 17 pounder barrel for a project I want to make.
NAH!
Just foolin'!

Beautiful! I want one! Don't have the skills for this though, much less the detail parts needed to finish it!

Beautiful! I want one! Don't have the skills for this though, much less the detail parts needed to finish it!
I don't either. Francisco is a talented artist as well as a modeler. He might be crossed with an architect too!
It would take gallons of RTV and liquid polyurethane plastic to do what I would want to do. The pressure vessel would have to be at least 24 inches in diameter. Pfoof!
Still, it is a shame there will only be 1 1/72 110' model.

20240425_231658.jpg20240425_230458.jpg
I get to do the decals for the Big 110 too! Clear paper decals on the left, white paper one on the right. These are only paper proofs.
We surmise Rafy will make his own cutter, USCGC Chandeleur, WPB-1319. I put the sharkmouths in for the fun of it.
I did manage to resist the urge to fill the clear sheet with other Island class hull numbers and names. :wow:

Back