• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Forum Technical question...

Duke Maddog

It seems that as of a few days a go, I stopped getting notifications of responses to Threads I'm following. Why would this suddenly stop? I haven't changed anything on my system, E-mail account or internet connection; it's the same as it's always been.

Nothing has changed here as far as I'm aware. I believe the SOP is to clear your cache. Let us know if that helps.
James

It seems that as of a few days a go, I stopped getting notifications of responses to Threads I'm following. Why would this suddenly stop? I haven't changed anything on my system, E-mail account or internet connection; it's the same as it's always been.

I've been seeing bounces on your email account. Some server along the way is flagging our emails as spam and rejecting them. I'll look this evening to see the exact error, can't remember. I get hundreds of those bounces.

I can't believe it! they don't want you to follow them? They keep hiding their responses? Why I'd give 'em a piece of my mind if I was youse. :bat
But never fear; Mr. :mpup will get to the bottom of this outrage, and send the miscreants runnin' for the hills :eek:hyeah

or
somthin' :rotf

The only thing I have ever noticed about e-mails from this forum is that sometimes they take a while to send and in numerous cases they arrive out of posting order. It has been that way for forever so I don't pay too much attention to it. :idonno

If you're not depended on the subscription service then please don't use it. I've found some folks are subscribed to the entire forum meaning every post is going to their inbox. Then someone will change their email address and the messages start bouncing, the more bounces we get it effects our ranking on the internet on the spam filters. Eventually our domain gets marked as a spam source and we're blacklisted from sending on specific servers or services.

Biggest problem is I don't have admin option to edit subscriptions of folks who no longer post here.

Mark's problem seems to be with his email account or hosting service. I have attempted to email him directly from several accounts and they all bounce with the same error. Mark you need to check with your hosting company.

Is there an option to completely remove someone that no longer posts here Bob? Seems to me that if someone has not posted in a long while "and" their e-mail bounces that we should be able to remove them. :hmmm

As the e-mails never have photos in them, if you want to see the pictures you have to get on the forum.

I have a problem with too much e-Mail myself ... So I don't subscribe to threads ... Being a Member of this Forum ... (I belong to others + some Yahoo groups) but I never check those I get plenty of e-mail from them.

I log onto MA go to recent posts everyday ... then I look at the posts answer any that need answering scroll down to my last post from the day before and know I haven't missed anything ... that keeps me up to date, and also a great forum member ... when you depend on notifications, and that screws up your lost, and someone could be waiting for you to check a post, to see how you like it and you could miss that.

Just My way of doing a forum, sometimes I do get busy and can't post then I still go back and catch up ... :good:

Is there an option to completely remove someone that no longer posts here Bob? Seems to me that if someone has not posted in a long while "and" their e-mail bounces that we should be able to remove them. :hmmm

As the e-mails never have photos in them, if you want to see the pictures you have to get on the forum.

I sure can but who's got time to do all that. Besides we've had folks who take a leave of absence and them come back. It's nice for them to have their history instead of having to start over fresh.

Gerry that's exactly what I do. If someone depends on subscriptions they end up missing new post if they are not subscribed to the entire forum...which I do not advise because my earlier post.

I will subscribe to posts so I can get notifications when someone posts and I can go see the new posts. Since I'm pretty limited on time, it seems easier for me. Once or twice a week when time gets more plentiful, I'll go to see Recent Topics to keep up on anything new that came in from the last time I checked.

Okay, I fixed my E-mail account so everything should work now. Thanks guys. I appreciate all the help and support.

Back