• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

For all you NASCAR Fans

Gene

Saw on the news this morning, that Kyle Busch went to court for his moving violation. 128 mph in a 45 mph zone. $1,000 fine, probation for a year,loss of license for 45 days!!! I'd still be under the klink!! I guess it's all in who ya know!!!

No you wouldn't be under the klink,they fined a kid just 300 bucks and didn't take his license for the same thing.

Not defending Busch but they should not have sentenced him as harshly as they did. He was in much better control of that car than that 18 year old kid who was charged with the same thing.

Now, it was pretty stupid him driving like that on a public road, granted he knows how to drive running 200mph but that's on a closed track, he was on a public road where someone could have easily pulled out in front of him not realizing how fast he was going.

Moon,
I agree he's an excellent driver, but having his wife in the car with him it was insane!! IMHO!!!

Not to start a ruckus, but I think he got off too easy. 83 miles an hour OVER the posted limit is past excessive! Hell, you can't even legally drive 83 ANYWHERE but Montana. I say NASCAR needs to sanction or suspend him, this is as bad or worse than a DUI. Of course, they won't because the whole mess is fixed, just like rasslin'.

I've bitten my tongue until now.. he may be able to handle a race car at that speed, but there are lots of factors he hasn't taken into account when he did the stupid act. Road cars are not race cars.. even the really expensive road cars still have road tyres which, for the most part, are not designed to be used for high speed driving, the roads aren't as good as racetracks, and lets face it, if you hit a pothole at 128mph, you are going to loose control whether you are a race car driver, or if you have just got your license, and there is a great likelyhood you will die if you hit that pothole. There is another environmental issue, that being idiots who can't control their cars at the legal speed limit and who make erratic lane changes. If one of those people pulled out in front of him, he, his wife, and the person he just hit would all be dead.

I am a former race car driver, I drove drag cars and GT class cars when I was younger, and I've had a car go over 190mph, and I've seen the results of what happens in a controlled environment first hand what happens when that stuff goes wrong! It is messy, and although the guy was alive, he now doesn't have legs. Imagine what would have happened if he didn't have a rollcage?

And lastly on my rant, the fastest I have ever gone on the open road was 150kmh (about 95mph), and to make the situation worse, I had my wife and kids in the car at the time. I was overtaking 2 B-trains and some other cars. When I realised how fast I was going, I felt physically sick, and immediately slowed down to the allowable speed (at the time we had a 10% leeway over the speed limit, which in this situation was 100kmh, about 62mph). For the rest of the journey, all that went through my head was all the what ifs that could have happened. I consider myself very lucky that nothing went wrong, and every time I think about that day, I feel sick about what could have happened. Since then, I haven't exceeded the speed limit, and I won't again. The lives of those traveling with me and the lives of the people around me isn't worth it.

Good Avatar Rob!

You're right, he was not in control of the enviroment, open road means that Ma and Pa heading to Walmart could have pulled out in front of him not realizing how fast he was going, they would see a car way down the road and before you know it, he's on ya.

BTW, you have to run 85mph around Atlanta just to keep from getting run over.

True, but 85 ain't legal, so you do so at your own peril. Dad used to say "Drive what you can afford." :idonno

Good Avatar Rob!

You're right, he was not in control of the enviroment, open road means that Ma and Pa heading to Walmart could have pulled out in front of him not realizing how fast he was going, they would see a car way down the road and before you know it, he's on ya.

BTW, you have to run 85mph around Atlanta just to keep from getting run over.
Thanks mate :D It is the result of reacquainting myself with photoshop.

Dam.. 85mph.. the cops here'd uplift your license and put you in the klink for good measure here for that lol

The fastest I drove was 210 kmh in France. When I realized what I was doing I slowed down. Touched the brakes and after a second of Oh Shoot just coasted to the speed limit of 110kmh. Just way to much can happen.
James

The fastest I've driven was in a Pontiac Trans Am with some "aftermarket" heading to the beach, Speedo said 125mph/200kph, I didn't look down, I was whitenucklin' it.

All great points by everyone!! The fastest I ever went was 125+ mph in a '66 Impala with a 327.Speedo went to 120. MP, having lived in Atlanta for about 5 years 85 was barely fast enough. Unless you did something really STUPID, the cops really didn't seem to care.

Back