• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fokker DVII Sachsenberg

jknaus

Administrator
And another.
Gotthard Schsenberg's a/c.

Fokker%20D.VII,%20Gotthard%20Sachsenberg,%20MFJGr%201,%20October%201918%20%2831%20victories%29.jpg

Again with those excellent Aviattic lozenge decals and Taurus parts and Gaspatch parts. And if I can find my RB radiator pe it too.
This will be my first Fokker built Fokker, all my others being AOW versions.
JAmes

And another.
Gotthard Schsenberg's a/c.

Fokker%20D.VII,%20Gotthard%20Sachsenberg,%20MFJGr%201,%20October%201918%20%2831%20victories%29.jpg

Again with those excellent Aviattic lozenge decals and Taurus parts and Gaspatch parts. And if I can find my RB radiator pe it too.
This will be my first Fokker built Fokker, all my others being AOW versions.
JAmes

Wuw, they all had quite the paint job. Must have been easy to find your bird after a night of drinking :rotf

Cheers,Christian B) :popcorn

...great choice, James. According to the Osprey 'Fokker DVII Aces #1' volume, the guns on this machine were mounted higher on the fuselage because of the BMW engine, hope that this is allowed for in the kit - I'm sure it will be.

That's just going to jump off the shelf and grab you by the eyeballs. Good luck, matey !! :pilot

Ian

...great choice, James. According to the Osprey 'Fokker DVII Aces #1' volume, the guns on this machine were mounted higher on the fuselage because of the BMW engine, hope that this is allowed for in the kit - I'm sure it will be.

That's just going to jump off the shelf and grab you by the eyeballs. Good luck, matey !! :pilot

Ian

Thanks Ian. This one is a Mercedes powered one. The F model was BMW. I didnt see any difference in the instructions but will check my refs to see if this was modified. It is an earlier aiframe so not sure.
Thanks for the heads up.
James

I remember two parts for mounting the guns, one high and one low but didn't see anything in the instructions about when and how to use them.

Looking at the instructions again yes this is a high mount.
32011%20Fokker%20D.VII%20%28Fok%29%20Page%2004.jpg

32011%20Fokker%20D.VII%20%28Fok%29%20Page%2006.jpg

They give you the 3 types of mounts fore and aft.
James

It's great when you find that you have all the required pieces (y)

Looking at all the available pieces sure makes me wish this was my field of endeavor :facepalm

If only this 1/32 lysander had come with all those goodies in the box, you would see one very soon. :vmad

Oh well, cheers anyway . Christian B)

Thanks Chris. Well I have made a start. The frame cleaned up and modified to this a/c's specs and then painted. Also the opening moves on the wood. Maybe I can get the oil paint on tonight ready to do more tomorrow. Also did some more on my other Fokker DVII. Its almost done now.
3 a/c at once is a bit much to build me thinks.

DSC04875.JPG

James

Also did some more on my other Fokker DVII. Its almost done now.
3 a/c at once is a bit much to build me thinks.

James

:evil: Not for 'real men' !! - (says the bloke totally focused on one 1:48 kit at the moment :Hiay )

Ian

Managed to get a bit done. IP isnt finished yet, but a good start I think. Wings together and primed ready for some Aviattic goodness.

DSC04895.JPG

DSC04896~0.JPG

DSC04894.JPG

Oh and Radubs engine grills also. Need to get another retouching pencil and clean it up some.

James

Okay, this doesnt look like much, but today got the ignition harness half built and all the holes in it drilled. Got the alternators drilled for the ignition leads. Got the spark plugs drilled out and the positions of the primer cups marked ready to be drilled. Next up is finish the ignition, and start working on the timing gear. Then assemble the primer cups and apply, then paint ready for stage 2 of the engine.

DSC04974.JPG

Took me 3 sittings with a period to recuperate between, but happy of what I got accomplished.

Oh and got a pipe on the right side that I hadnt noticed in my other builds. Looks right I think.
James

Back