• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flower Power - Making flowers in 1/35

Dave Diaz

Hello once again.

For this article I will show one technique that has worked for me to make flowers in 1/35 scale.

Dave's Trick # 7

Making Flowers

Flowers are one of the most difficult things to replicate in 1/35. Over the years I have tried almost everything from commercially available products to using the real thing and nothing seem to work.
Then one day while I was looking at a stamping press at work I came up with an idea.

So… it started with a 2.35 mm brass rod. The length is not as important but try keeping it between 25 mm and 30 mm.

1-3.jpg

Using a triangular file I made some grooves all along the circumference of the rod.

2-4.jpg

Here is a close up of how it looks. Now you have your own “flower punch”.

3-4.jpg

Once this was done I used a punch & die set and some 0.10 mm plastic sheet. Using the brass rod I punched out some flowers.

4-4.jpg

This is how they look.

5-4.jpg

I then used a round file to push the center so they don’t look flat.

6-3.jpg

Here are some ready to be used.

7-3.jpg

Here is a complete flower arrangement. The cloth is made of green putty.

8-3.jpg

And here is the painted arrangement.

9-3.jpg

I hope this tip will be useful. Thanks for looking.

Dave

That's pretty nifty. If you glued 2 together overlapping and pressed down from on top your punch board I wonder if you could make tulips or something??
James

Back