• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Flak figures

stevenk

Hello-

I'm currently building Dragon's Sdkfz 7/2 Armored cab, and I want to put it in a vignette in Poland 1944 as part of Hermann Goring Panzer Division, when they were sent there to stem to Soviet advance. Problem is, all these antiaircraft vehicles coming out and very limited crew options. Does anyone know of a good DML, Masterbox, or Tristar figure set that would be appropriate for an in action crew for the Flak 37 37mm gun? Summer dress?
Thank you for any input.

Steven

Hi Steven,

Ive had the same sort of problem looking for a Flak crew for my 7/1

Tamiya 35302 do a set but youll have to buy another Flak 37 ( looking at the box art they may be Lufty figures, I cant tell )

As Laura says DML and Tristar do sets

In my case I opted for a winter scene and got the old Tamiya winter Flak crew set, some Hornet heads, putty, and a sharp knife :)

Kreighshoer wrote:
maybe the 2cm crews from tristar and dml would be working for you?

DML 6368
Tristar 35013

Would these be appropriate for late Summer 1944? STill weaqring jackboots with early cut Luftwaffe uniforms? I know DML is releasing a lte version 20 mm Quad Flak with crew figures, wearing late uniforms. Maybe I can wait for that, or modify the DML and Tristar figures

I reviewed the DML 6368 2cm Flak Crew with Sd.Ah.51 some years ago. Have a read of the review and decide for yourself, but here are a few comments from my conclusion:

I was disappointed by the lack of personal weapons, which gives the impression that this is probably some rear lines position, or perhaps an airfield. I was also disappointed that they are only supplied with helmets, and no service caps. Unfortunately I do not find the poses “action filled”, but rather stiff and lacklustre. That together with the poor moulding simply leaves me disappointed with this set. That said, if you need a crew for your 2cm Flak 38, you don’t really have many options. With some work this crew will be passable. The DML 2cm Flak 38 is probably the best on the market; I wish I could say the same for this kit.

I'd offer to give you my set, but unfortunately it's already been cannibalized.

stevenk wrote:
Would these be appropriate for late Summer 1944? Still wearing jackboots with early cut Luftwaffe uniforms?

Yes, they would.

Bear in mind the Tamiya set is 21 years old, and probably typical of Tamiya's figures of that period.

Here's a review of the Tristar set: German 20mm Flak38 Figure Set

Of the 3 this is probably the set I'd go for, unless you're prepared to consider resin... But... your mileage may vary...

Rudi

Hi there.

The Tamiya Flak Crew figures are rather simple and somewhat chunky. They are also in WINTER uniforms. The Tristar figures look to be in summer uniforms.

Cheers from Peter

Tankbuilder wrote:
The Tamiya Flak Crew figures are ....... in WINTER uniforms.

No they're not. Tamiya 35302 "German 3.7cm Flak 37 Anti-Aircraft Gun w/Crew" wear, based on a very quick look at the box-art, standard Luftwaffe service dress.

hi-PI000000109308.jpg

Rudi Richardson wrote:
Tankbuilder wrote:
The Tamiya Flak Crew figures are ....... in WINTER uniforms.

No they're not. Tamiya 35302 "German 3.7cm Flak 37 Anti-Aircraft Gun w/Crew" wear, based on a very quick look at the box-art, standard Luftwaffe service dress.

hi-PI000000109308.jpg

Oops! I forgot about the new 3.7cm release. I was thinking of the ancient flak crew Tamiya made for the 20mm anti-aircraft gun. That set was the one in winter uniforms.

Cheers from Peter

Back