• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First (successful) landing - 1/72 Fiesler Storch

wds

This is my first airplane kit (in my adult life).
It is the Academy Fi-156 Fiesler Storch kit in 1/72 scale.
This one has been sitting around in an open box (I lost the lid somewhere) half-built and gathering dust for about ten years. It finally got knocked over and upon picking up the bits from the garage floor, I decided to finish it instead of throwing it in the trash. (I have no idea how my mind works sometimes).

It is no award winner, but it is amazing what you can get done when you don’t sweat the outcome (or when you don’t care who gets the credit (at work for instance)).

Thanks for looking. :snoopy

Cheers,

Bill

fiesler1.jpg

fiesler2.jpg

fiesler3.jpg

fiesler4.jpg

Very nice work!

Its not important if you think its not worthy of winning some sort of award, what IS important if you had fun building it. (y)

Matrixone

Thanks, Terry, Adam, Christian, Matrixone, and Saul.

Yes it is small. I have the Hasegawa 1/32 scale version (in its box) and it seems gigantic!
It was enjoyable, but took more time than I thought it would. Lots of masking for the color changes and for that green-house canopy. And frequent repairs on all those fragile struts.
Live an learn.
Thanks again gentlemen.

Cautiously eye-balling a 1/72 Fokker D VII in the stash,

Bill

Thanks again Dusan,Phil, SA DAve, and iMke.
I have the Tamiya Fw 190 1/48 in sort of the same condition (15 years old, started, dusty, but with both halves of the box :laugh: ) I may take a stab at that one now that I sort of have that soft-white-underbelly blue mix figured out. ("what'd he say?") :hmmm

Cheers,

Bill

Back