• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First Division Museum at Cantigny

DioRandy

Hey, gang
I finally got a little vacation time and drove about an hour outside of Chicago to visit the 1st Division Museum at Cantigny. I'd visted the museum about 25 years ago, and, wow, has it been updgraded!
The following photos were taken at what they call "Tank Park," which is on the grounds of the museum. The museum presents the history of the 1st Infantry Division, aka, "The Big Red One," from the Revolutionary War to Desert Storm.
As you can see, it was a picture-perfect day (for a real photographer), but "Tank Park" was full of young mothers chatting amongst themselves while their little brats ran rampant on the vehicles. Not one of them asked their little monsters to stay out of the way of those of us trying to take pictures of the vehicles! Oh, well, some things never change. I refrained from threatening physical violence, so the vehicles in the photos feature the little...darlings.
I also intend on posting a thread featuring the exhibits inside the museum, but, for now,
let's start with an Abrahms
Abrahms2.jpg

Abrahms3.jpg

Abrahms.jpg

Followed by an M60
M60.jpg

An M48
M48.jpg

M48back.jpg

An M26, complete with the camo used in Korea
Camo1.jpg

Camo.jpg