• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

First Division Museum at Cantigny Part II

DioRandy

A few weeks ago, I posted a thread featuring the "Tank Park" portion of the First Division Museum at Cantigny, which is about an hour northwest of Chicago.
Now, you'll be able to see what they keep inside the interactive museum, dedicated to the "Big Red One," and its units, from the Revloutionary War through Desert Storm. The Divison has been on active duty since its inception on June 8, 1917.

Building.jpg

Lobby.jpg

Museumsign.jpg

FirstDivisionsignin.jpg

CivilWar.jpg

Phillipines.jpg

WWItrench-1.jpg

WWIscene.jpg

WWItank.jpg

SchneiderTanksign.jpg

Landingcraft.jpg

Bunker.jpg
Shermandio2.jpg

Shermandio1.jpg

GruntandCharlie.jpg

LRRP.jpg

radio.jpg

choppersuit.jpg

Flightsuitsign.jpg

USUniform.jpg

USUniforms.jpg

Iraquiuniforms.jpg

ResearchCenter.jpg

Above, The Colonel Robert R. McCormick Research Center, located in the museum's lower level, houses the museum's library, archives and photo collections.
Research services may also be obtained by phone, letter or mail. The museum also welcomes donated artifacts. For further information, call the curator at 630-260-8220or by email at Info@FirstDivisionMuseum.org.
Peace and Love,
Randy

What a cool museum. It looks well laid out and the displays are very well done. Thanks for posting these pics.
JAmes

What a museum!!!! :notworthy
I'm only saw now this topic, almost a year...

Preserve the history, its preserve the memory of a nation!
thanks for share! (y)

Amazing what we find even on our own website, totally missed this first time around. Thanks for sharing Randy.

My bucket list just grew by one more spot to visit since it is only about 5-6 hrs from me. Thanks for posting.

Joe

Back