• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finished Ta 152...not what you think it is

matrixone

Most people only know of the long winged Ta 152H that was used very late in the war but not too many know of the other Ta 152, the Ta 152C.
The Ta 152C was the short winged version and had a different engine than the Ta 152H, there were several Ta 152Cs built and at least two were known to have beeen used by an operational unit in the last weeks of the war.

My model was built from the 1/48 scale Dragon Ta 152C kit and put in markings of what it may have looked while used by JG 301.

394094926.jpg

394094924.jpg

394094921.jpg

394094920.jpg

394094866.jpg

394094860.jpg

394094854.jpg

394094853.jpg

394094841.jpg

Matrixone

Pretty neat photography Les, you could give lessons in that alone, not to mention your airbrushing.

(y)

Beautiful. I've built one of these and a couple of H-1's way back. You've done an excellent job. Really like the way you do mottling. Its very very good.
James

Thanks Moon Puppy and James!

All models that I built the past two years were painted with my Iwata Revolution BR which is a simple low cost airbrush that works quite well for painting plastic scale models and free handed painting of these Luftwaffe schemes. Once I found out how good the Revolution BR performs my other six airbrushes are rarely used anymore, the Revolution BR is a reminder that you don't need to spend big bucks to get a good reliable airbrush that can paint fine detail with ease. I spent a lot of money on airbrushes a couple years ago in search of an airbrush that was good at spraying fine detail and feel like I wasted my money, the ideal airbrush was under my nose the whole time and did not realize it because I never even attepted to use the Revolution BR for any detail work, it can do anything the expensive Iwatas can do.

Matrixone

You're right about the Iwata. I love mine as well and as I deal in small things , it has been a blessing.

Cheers, Christian B) B)

as always :) real nice one - ah and thanks for the thumbs up for the Revolution BR - it's just I haven't found my all time airbrush love replacement ... cause my 20 year old Richpen isn't anymore.

Thanks Phil and mlp!

Christian,
Very few modelers seem to be aware of just how good the Revolution BR is for painting models. When I purchased mine I got it with the intention of using it only for base coats and use the Iwata CM and Hp-BS for fine detail work, it was by accident that I discovered the Revolution BR is also very capable of fine detail work. Now the Revolution BR is what I use for everything except spraying Alclad II and clear flat coats. The Iwata CM and HP-BS can spray fine detail better using fluids like inks but for spraying model paints the Revolution BR works every bit as good as the more expensive brushes.

Back