• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finished - T28 Super Heavy Tank

Viper_MP

Well, as promised, pics of my T28. I started this in December at a club build day, but only built 3 bogies. Then restarted it on New Years Eve, and finished it a few days ago.

Paints...
Hull - Gunze Sangyo Violet Brown [base, then lightened with sand, then lightened more]
Tracks - Vallejo Track Primer, Dark Rubber, 3 diff rusts and Floquil Old Silver
Brown shading - Vallejo track primer
Oil wash.
Muzzle brake - a light shadow of Tamiya Nato Black
.50cal - Tamiya German grey, dry-brush of Floquil old silver, and some Vallejo Old Wood.

DSCN5824_zps6a2d25be.jpg

DSCN5822_zps1ac92427.jpg

DSCN5820_zpsf0117370.jpg

DSCN5821_zps9c0f0edf.jpg

DSCN5823_zpsd57ec5d0.jpg

Comparison with figure and M47.
DSCN5825_zpse7475f93.jpg

Not sure why it looks more green and shiney, its something in my camera settings. These shots with my cell phone show how it actually looks.
T28tank9_zps26b833cb.jpg

T28tank8_zpsd09cf57a.jpg

T28tank7_zps1b8660e1.jpg

Rob.

That is a sharp looking beast. I like the way the .50 HMG turned out. Is that old silver available in acrylic?

Rob.

That is a sharp looking beast. I like the way the .50 HMG turned out. Is that old silver available in acrylic?

As far as I know, no. Floquils are only enamels.

Thanks guys. This is one of the first all green builds I am pleased with.

Now that came out great! Nicely done sir.

How in the world would they have transported that thing!?

nice job Rob (y)

Pup you see those seams down each side of the tank? Well that whole assembly came off, hull sides, tracks and outside bogie assemblies. I cannot imagine the nightmare of a job required to break it down, transport, then reassemble. If I recall correctly those cranes were there to assist in that process.

G

Thanks guys.

Agent, you are correct. The cranes were used to remove the outer tracks/fenders. They were held in place with giant pins. Then would then be joined together and towed behind the tank.

Back