• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finished Do 335B-12 two seat trainer

matrixone

Here it is, the finished build.

hbeed779.JPG

he60eabd.JPG

h8e41f45.JPG

hfaf78e1.JPG

h3516e2c.JPG

h0644c60.JPG

Matrixone

Dear teacher Les.

Another masterpiece from yours (y) ...the camo looks superb :good: ...very control in the airbrush use...simply fantastic :notworthy

Thanks for posting!

P.S. : ...anxious to see your Me 110 progress :hmmm

Luiz.

Thanks for the comments guys!

Luiz,
Nothing done on the 110 yet, between the two 1/32 scale 109's and 1/72 scale 262 I am maxed out. The 262 will get finished first and then I will start in on the 110.

I tried to post this thread two times on Tuesday but could not because I 'timed out', this is something on these boards that I have not seen before. :S

Anyway...back to the Do 335, the reason behind the development of the two seat Do 335B-12 trainer was that after the Do 335B proved to be a very capable bomber destroyer the demand for them was quite high but there was a problem with the basic Do 335 design, the fuselage behind the rear engine was weak and younger fighter pilots were damaging the Do 335's during landing when the tail struck the ground with too much force.
The Do 335 was expensive for the Reich to produce in late 1945 so the quick solution to the landing accidents was to produce some trainer versions of the Do 335 so new Do 335 pilots could get proper training from an instructor. In order to not disrupt the busy Do 335B assembly lines some airframes were set aside and handed over to Blohm & Voss for conversion into two seat trainers. After getting some experience with the special landing techniques and a little gunnery practice the Do 335B accident rates went down while the combat successes went up.

Months later when the Germans decided to surrender the allies demanded that some Do 335s were to be handed over intact so flight testing could be done on the aircraft that nearly stopped the B-17 and B-29 bombing campaign in its tracks.
When allied soldiers first viewed the Do 335's on the ground they called it a 'Buck Rogers space plane'.

hd1c8fc4.JPG

More pictures of the model...
ha75e6be.JPG

h12aa85e.JPG

h4a9e283.JPG

hdcd1deb.JPG

h124e00b.JPG

h01bf261.JPG

h2c6606d.JPG

hf4e5b1b.JPG

Matrixone

Awesome mate I love the GI sitting on the wing it makes it look even more real (y)

BTW I get the timeout a lot and its usualy my Efricen internet that is just too damn slow or messed up.

Excellent looking aircraft Les!! (y)

As to the timeout problem, I get that fairly often on my tablet. Usually because it took a LONG time to put the post together. When it does happen, I hit backspace and go back to the post page. Then usually my text and all is still there and I simply hit "submit" again and it posts just fine. Beats retyping the post if it works. :bang head

Thanks for the comments!

I am not sure why the thread I was attempting to start timed out...there have been other times I really did take a long time before hitting 'submit' with no time out issues. :idonno

Here is a picture I already posted but in this shot (under the wings) you can see semi-gloss finish on the models surface, I worked at getting this type of finish, I was trying to match the paint applied to the full size aircraft which was semi-gloss. Only the exhaust stains are truly dead flat on my model.

h01bf261_2015-04-16.JPG

And here is a different picture of the Do 335B-12

h4e15b80.JPG

Matrixone

Back