• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Fine mesh

jknaus

Administrator
I found a very fine mesh product. Cant remember if I posted before so here it goes.

Lipton tea in the pyramid bags is awesome as a mesh.

mesh_20100817_1888293900.png

And even though this is a wingy thingy if you look down the round intake you will see what it looks like in place

wing2_20100818_1334085346.png

Oh and it tastes good too.

JAmes

This is a good technique and it's universal.
I can see a number of diorama applications for it, screen doors, screen windows.
The screen can be used for engine covers in the AFV world.

Great tip, double use out the product too.

JAMES,

What type of glue did you use ? will Tamiya thin cement work , or should I use some C.A. ?

Cool tip thanx for sharing !! :dude

ERIK

panzerace007 wrote:
JAMES,

What type of glue did you use ? will Tamiya thin cement work , or should I use some C.A. ?

ERIK

Havent tried anything other than ca. Butmight try tenax tomorrow and see what happens.
James

jknaus wrote:
panzerace007 wrote:
JAMES,

ERIK

Havent tried anything other than ca. Butmight try tenax tomorrow and see what happens.
James

Well My friend ... Looks like it's Teaa Time !! CHEERS !! (y)

ERIK

Another option is fine woven mesh ribbons which can be found at craft shops. The one I found is about 4cm wide.

mesh1.jpg

At the top is wedding veil tulle (top) compared to the ribbon (bottom) The weave of the ribbon is very fine, very square and regular and looks and feels like a polyester type material. (Yhe grid on the cutting mat is 1cm.)

grille1.jpg

Here's what it looks like as a mesh on the radiator grilles on a 1/35 M113.

Great tips, guys! For attaching PE or other materials, this is the best stuff I've found for easy, inexpensive and dries clear (almost invisible!) Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2510.jpg

Wal-Mart, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, pretty much anywhere that carries scrap booking materials will have it, should be around about $4-5 USD. I put a little in a beer cap, then apply it with a small piece of wire. Hope this helps!! (y)

I use heavily thinned green putty from Squadron works like a treat alhtough I do like the scotch spray stuff I may try that in the future :)

Back