• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Finally! Number 580 Done!

Duke Maddog

Yes! After all kinds of issues, losing the box, losing the decals, and other issues, I have finally gotten this little truck finished!

This is the RPM Mack Tanker Truck in 1/72 scale:

US_Army_Mac_Tanker_I.JPG

US_Army_Mac_Tanker_II.JPG

I am so glad to finally get this off my bench. Now if I could only find the decals to the little French Hotchkiss I have, maybe I could finish that one.....

Thanks all for looking in.

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like it.

Dave, that camo pattern was pretty typical during WWI and in the 1920's. The French even continued to use that pattern with the outlines well into the 1930's too.

Stay tuned for more.

That looks cool. I think I need to get some small scale kits just to be able to finish something good and hopefully get me ginned up to finish the projects waiting on the bench :hmmm

That is nice- i don't see how you guys paint those tiny trucks- how big is that in 72? Two inches?- it's bigger than HO, but still thats tiny! Great eyes...

Thanks Krypto. This is actually a fairly large truck, so in 1/72 scale it's almost four inches long. Jeeps and such are about an inch and 3/8's long.

For painting, I airbrushed the basecoat on first. Then I used a number 10 brush to add the pattern; not really concerned about keeping the lines clean. I then took a fine-tipped Sharpie marker and drew in the black lines. After that, I painted in the details under the chassis and the headlights and such. Weathering (dust and dirt kicked up by tires) was applied with the airbrush.

Back