• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Leopard2

Here is my entry for the Hot Rod Campaign. Revell's Ferrari 612 Scaglietti.

Joe

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0444-1.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

Thanks guys. I hope this goes ok since my knowledge of building cars is very limited. It will probably a while before I start the build. Need to clean off my bench from other projects first.

Joe

I think some of the Hot Rod purist would have a cow about this but hey, we make the rules up as we go. just put some sort of bling on it and we'll call it a hotrod, maybe a prancing horse airfreshener hanging from the mirror... :mpup

It will definitely not be Ferrari Red but will be custom painted. But if need arises I have a 1967 and a 1968 Mustang. And since I have a year to finish I probably throw a real Hot Rod in there. And Aimee just reminded me of the 2 water damaged Nascar models I bought at an auction for a buck.

Custom paint,,, with the driver's name on the door??

No, the Ferrari is fine, I'll probably do that Tbucket sometime in the year also. All of us could get a double ribbon on this campaign.

I couldn't wait any longer so I started the 612. Here is a pic of the engine and gearbox that I started working on tonight.

Joe

IMG_0456-1.jpg

So how are you going to hotrod up a Ferrari??? :mpup

Put a Supercharged American V8 in it! :woohoo: Now would that cause the Ferrari people to pass out? :hmmm

Nice start Joe!

Jacked up...with slicks... :dance

Sorry Joe, couldn't resist. Fine start, really looking forward to this.

I really like the idea of so many of us military modelers doing something out of our element, and some others going back in their element.

If I was into scratch building and kit bashing I would probably do it. But then after that I would be a dead man. This is a kit I am building for my son.

Finally I got around to do a little more work on the 612. It has been a slow going for me lately. I got the engine painted and assembled. I still haven't decided if I like this kit or not.

Joe

IMG_0728.jpg

IMG_0727.jpg

Back