• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Faun ZR Railway version 1/72 FINISHED!!!

Faun ZR Railway version 1/72 Planet Models

Since the last update I've washed and primered all the parts and then gave them a base coat of German Grey. I'm finding gluing and lining up all the resin parts with super glue very difficult. You really don't have much of a chance to wiggle things around before the glue catches. Anyway, I've had to do some adjusting to get things level and lined up and I now see that the rear bumpers are way higher than the front bumpers. Trying to decide how to fix that but in the meantime I need to get the windows in and finish the interior.

11Faun.jpg

10Faun.jpg

09Faun.jpg

Looks great! I picked up a 1/35 resin kit at a show, dirt cheap. I'd never heard of it before, either! Your kit looks a lot cleaner than mine. ;). I'm quietly, but enthusiastically, following. Cheers!

First thing I would do is figure out if the rear or the front is not right. Might be a bit of both. Raise the front, lower the rear. I know there's got to be somewhere the height of those bumpers are recorded for us.

First thing I would do is figure out if the rear or the front is not right. Might be a bit of both. Raise the front, lower the rear. I know there's got to be somewhere the height of those bumpers are recorded for us.

I did do a quick search on google just now to see if I could find a measurement but did not find anything. If anyone has such information it would be helpful even if it is a measurement off of another rail model.

Mark... I know you have a few German rail models kicking around.

Lowering the rear will require a great deal more scraping and carving while the front bumper would be much easier to raise. Guess which one I am hoping for. :gogo

Then I'd raise the front and be done with it. :soldier
See anyone with a ruler around it, smack'em. :smack

Then I'd raise the front and be done with it. :soldier
See anyone with a ruler around it, smack'em. :smack

:rotf :rotf :rotf

Actually just found something on the web. I just rechecked it and the rear bumpers are high! Dang!!! But I think I have a plan.

Looking very good Dave ... Your Buffers should be the same as a railroad coach if that helps ... just meant to help with the slack when running down the track ... I don't have anything in 1/72 that would help :train

That is looking good. Shoot, she looks like something you would see being used today.

Hmmm... had to look for this campaign in the finished area even though it doesn't end until the end of the month. :idonno

Anyway, got the glass into the cab which I was not looking forward too. Cut all the pieces individually to fit and then used some watered down testors clear parts glue and let it run into the joints like a wash. worked pretty good I think. Just putting a piece in behind the window openings wasn't going to work too well because of the thickness and unevenness of the resin. I still need to clean the finger prints off the glass before I close it up.

I also lowered the rear bumpers but still had to raise the front ones to get them fairly even. Gave everything a second coat of paint and can now finish up the interior and close it up.

12Faun.jpg

13Faun.jpg

14Faun.jpg

Thanks Kenny.

Couple of quick pics. Everything is glued on now except the PE mirrors which I will leave till the very last. A wash and some weathering and then finish up the tracks and glue them to the base. I have the next few days off so should be able to wrap it up by the end of the month.

15Faun.jpg

16Faun.jpg

Finished with an hour to spare!!! :eek:hyeah Seems I am the only one who took this Campaign seriously. :bat Too bad!

Anyway, I won't be rushing out to buy another resin kit anytime soon. It can be done but way more work than what I care for. Since it had a base I figured I'd add a couple of figures and a dog. Should've been a goat but oh well.

My oldest son is getting married next weekend so it feels good to get this out of the way so that I can focus on that.

17Faun.jpg

18Faun.jpg

19Faun.jpg

20Faun.jpg

21Faun.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

Excellent Job Dave! :notworthy

Really stuck at it and got'er done.

I'm going to move this to Second Chance and give you credit for On the Tracks if that's ok.

Love the metal shine on the tracks, you really captured the look there. (y)

Very nicely done Razor. I also took this Campaign seriously, but all my trains are taking far more effort and time than I expected. I doubt even with a six-month extension that I'll be able to finish one. So much needs to be done.

Congrats on finishing this up. You did an exceptional job on a tough kit.

Thanks Duke.

Keep going on your own builds. A little here and there and they'll eventually get done. :soldier :soldier :soldier

Back