• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Faun ZR Railway version 1/72 FINISHED!!!

razordws

Won't be starting for awhile yet but so SADave doesn't feel lonely I'll post this up! :pp

It is only half goat but it is as "goatish" as I'm willing to get!

01Faun_zpsfjris3c2.jpg

Now... where did the real Goat Man Chef get to??? :idonno

Faun ZR Railway version 1/72 Planet Models

Real men take the goat by the ......... horns :D :rotf

That is a funky vehicle Never even heard of it.

Inquiring minds want to know ... Nice project need more input :rotf

Nope. No progress. Won't start this for another month probably.

Okay, time to get going on this!

Got some of the parts cleaned up.

02Faun.jpg

This piece is going to take a lot of work. Looks like they had some resin left over and decided to dump it all in. :bang head :bang head :bang head

03Faun.jpg

04Faun.jpg

FAUN_ZRS_WH-1291833-_Anderson_via_Hoppe.jpg

Update! I've got the rolling gear on and most of the parts cleaned up. Man some of this resin was super thin and every time I sneezed something broke. I don't think I'll be in a rush to buy another resin kit anytime soon. :stinker

Anyway... photos...

05Faun.jpg

06Faun.jpg

A quick mock up

07Faun.jpg

And one beside a kubelwagon just for kicks, I mean size comparison.

08Faun.jpg

I need to figure out a way to do the windows. Right now I'm thinking of painting everything first before assembly so that I can put the windows in after without having to mask. There is no ledge or anything for the windows to sit on so I am worried about pushing the windows out of place when masking.

Well that's pretty cool!

(y)

Purdy :drool , that is a bit of a quandary, one thing you might consider is running the clear bits all the way to the cab floor, similar to what Roden did with their buses, the windshield could be a problem, but if you can wrap it around, as in have the front and sides as one piece, this may take care of that problem, just a thought.....

Hey Tim. Thanks. Good to see you. I think your idea might work but the resin if I remember correctly isn't smooth on the inside. I'll have to investigate when I get home from work.

Looking good Dave! I can appreciate the time it is taking. resin is so much more of a challenge but you are doing this one justice!

:popcorn

Back