• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Farewell Friend.

modelguru

The original was cast by a local sculptor who owns a small business called pony soldier.
Several years ago I had seen his work and was enamored with it ..... at the time I did purchase a kit from him called silent death .... it was a russian sniper from WWII . Then this last october I saw Ken at a local history weekend event and asked him about the kit called faewell friend , he said he had one left and the mold was out of production now , so I got the last one .
I have worked on it on and off since then and just finished it today ....... I cant do the figure justice with my rather limited figure skills but I hope you enjoy.

017-3.jpg

016-3.jpg

019-2.jpg

018-3-1.jpg

No really, I think it's interesting because you don't often see standalone figures in a distinct pose like that, they're usually fighting or looking off in the distance.

I also like WW1 aviation subjects, and posing him over Albert Ball's grave is touching, I'd like to build a model of Ball's Nieuport 16 or 17 sometime.

Thanks Bob. The unusual nature of this piece is what drew me to it ...... 5 or 6 years ago I did a piece by the same sculptor it was called silent death .... same scale it was vasilly the number two russian sniper ...... the guy is a great sculptor he goes by the handle pony soldier. I will see if I can find more info on him.

Back