• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

F82 Twin Mustang

kfriend

Ok, first try at posting on the forum; bear with me. This post is about a project I started about 3 years ago; a 1/32 scale Twin Mustang. I was determined to make a model of this forgotten warbird that was as accurate as possible. Little did I know that I would get to see a real one come to life

Link to the Gallery

XP_82_887_a_-_Copy.jpg

35_Wireframe.jpg

42.jpg

43_1_32_Sections.jpg

IMG_7438.JPG

Tuesday2C_November_162C_2010_28229.jpg

Tuesday2C_November_162C_2010_28429.jpg

Copy_of_IMG_7360.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_9119.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_9363.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_9371.JPG

IMG_9398.JPG

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9589.JPG

IMG_9596.JPG

IMG_9606.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_9607.JPG

Copy_of_IMG_9626.JPG

Thanks for all the warm welcomes!

Ken Friend

Ken you got the uploading to the gallery down pat, now just need to figure out the cut and past of the BBCode to the forum.

But not to worry, you keep posting images like these and I'll gladly assist in anyway to get them posted.

Amazing work!!!

So you made the master forms out of wood then did vacuform?

Love it! :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

The only parts that are vacuum formed are the canopies; I made my own rig for those. The masters were used to make silicon molds, and the parts were poured in resin. The molds are holding up really well, and so far I have pulled 9 sets of parts from them. The one i am building now will have landing gear, cockpit, and gun bay details, but will be the XP. The molds create the Merlin powered variants only. The Allison nose might come later.....

Thanks for the help!

Ken

You should supply instructions with TurboCad for "build your own P51" :) best i ever managed was a 3D kitchen :laugh:
Wait till chuk see's this, he will have puppy's -)
Excellent work.

Back