• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Evil Bay

Von Bulow

Hi Guy's

As some may remember i reached out to you all a few months ago trying to find the old GMC Water Truck. Most of you responded

with suggestions of EBay, i'd been warned about the traps and rip offs so had never ever envisaged even having a look.

Took the plunge last night and they were right! :blush:

$600 Aus on the first night and several parcels (hopefully :pinch: ) in the post, i am hooked!

So depending on the postal services to the bottom of the world (Australia (y) ) i'll have some photos posted soon!

I'm curious to know are there any horror stories out there on failed Evil Bay deals??? :(

Adrian

A few, but overall my experiences have been positive. I only deal with people in the 99 and above range unless its something I really want, never less than 97 though. I also look at the negative remarks and see if they are petty or valid. Big thing to remember though is after a reasonable amount of time check up and see whats happening. I'm the happiest when a tracking number is given and I can check it. You have 30, I think its been upped to 45) days to get satisfaction. or lodge a complaint. After that you wont get help from pay pal. I waited too long and lost my money to 1 store who had a 100 score. And the horror part is because I launched a complaint (too late) the jerk said he couldnt send me a new item because I had complained. I usually go to people or stores I have had good luck with and keep going back.
JAmes

I got burned on a sale.

Tried to sell a LCD projector, put on the item CONUS only and Paypal only. So the winner contacts me and the first thing he says is he doesn't do Paypal and he's in Sweden....:bang head

They guy would not agree to back off the win and I had to put in a dispute, could not contact the second place guy...I still have the projector but now it's 10 years old and no one wants it.

I have always had positive experiences,only buying as I have never tried to sell anything.You just need to read carefully,watch your shipping charges,and never loose your head bidding.

I have always had positive experiences,only buying as I have never tried to sell anything.You just need to read carefully,watch your shipping charges,and never loose your head bidding.

Great advise. (y)

I always set my price limit in my head including shipping and will not go over it, even it is a dollar more.

My experiences there have been generally OK, but just be carefull when trying to sell- the biggest thing I bought using ebay was a playstation 2- it was also the most expensive.
Comics, books, models, action figures, comp. asscesories, games, you name it, i probably picked it up. But I did get burned selling. Ebay ios not set up to be friendly with the dealers.

I am a registered business seller on ebay and to be honest the whole set up is so weighted in favour of the buyer its become a complete joke and i am winding down my business there.
an example.
I sent a brand new Ducati ECU unit to a guy in Italy. He returned his broken unit claiming it was the one i sent. Ebay insisted i give him a full refund or i lose my business status. Buyers have coped on to the fact they are always right!! . I get negative feedback for postage charges. I only ever charge basic post costs and never packing or boxes. E bay say if i dont want negative feedback on postage i should offer free postage !!
It recently cost me £40 to send a £20 motorcycle seat to Canada via UPS. How do i do free P&P on that ??

My advice is buy but never sell on ebay.

They are selling feedback now. If you get a negative from a buyer you have to pay 50 bucks to have it removed. On the other hand a seller cannot give a buyer negative feedback for a bad transaction. Crazy.

Back