• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Encore 1/72 C-45 Expeditor DONE

nerdling

Throwing my hat in the ring with this little kit. The plastic is the old PM kit. Which looks fine in the box but upon close inspection not so great. Hopefully the included resin bits will improve it some.

IMG_4878.JPG

IMG_4879.JPG

IMG_4880.JPG

Re: Encore 1/72 C-45 Expeditor

That looks like a cool project.

(y)

Started cutting plastic and resin yesterday.

IMG_4882.JPG

Stock wing on the left and with the resin cowl on the right.

IMG_4883.JPG

Stock cowl opening

IMG_4884.JPG

Resin cowl opening

IMG_4885.JPG

Now that is some nice glass lol.

IMG_4891.JPG

Finished cockpit

IMG_4892.JPG

Finished resin engine compared to the kit engine. Those cylinders were tiny. A few didn't get placed right but once in the cowl I don't think you would even notice.

Thanks for looking

Very nice! I did this kit some time back as well. You'll have a bear of a time with seam lines on the fuselage. Thanks for the memories!

Thanks for watching guys. Thanks for the heads up on that seam Duke. Seems this kit really is a dog. Even with all of the extra resin that Encore provided, it just isn't very nice. But it was on sale when I bough it so for less then 10 bucks I won't complain to much lol.

Got her all buttoned up today. Duke wasn't kidding at all about the nasty seam on this thing. Will be loads of fun puttying this thing up.

IMG_4893.JPG

It almost seems like the fuselage halfs are slightly different sizes on this kit.

IMG_4894.JPG

Lovely wingjoint

IMG_4895.JPG

IMG_4896.JPG

IMG_4897.JPG

I'm thinking that in the end it will be better to treat this kit like a shortrun kit more than anything.

Nice looking little plane but wow, those seems are going to be quite the challenge!

:fencing

Thanks for watching this one guys. I finished her up over the weekend. Didn't come out nearly as nice as I would have liked. I dropped her soon after finishing the decals and of course the top seam split open so I fixed it as best I could and just went with it from there. Oh well. If I was to build another C-45 I would go with the Hobbycraft version over this dog of a kit.

IMG_4942.JPG

IMG_4944.JPG

IMG_4945.JPG

IMG_4943.JPG

Pretty nice job for what you had to go through.

Terry (y)

Really, not bad, that looks like the same kit that I used for the AT11 years ago, PM Models? yeah, really nice job on that kit (y)

Back