• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Elco 80' Torpedo Boat PT-596 1:35

I was lucky to get to know Niphon many years ago. I asked him to build models for me and he said OK. He's very good at building warplanes and warships and he takes a real lot of time finishing them. This is one of my favorite warships. I really like its size and color!:

Italeri's Elco 80' Torpedo Boat PT-596 1:35 - by "Niphon":

m47-058.jpg

m47-059.jpg

m47-060.jpg

m47-061.jpg

m47-062.jpg

m47-063.jpg

m47-064.jpg

m47-065.jpg

m47-066.jpg

m47-067.jpg

m47-068.jpg

m47-069.jpg

m47-070.jpg

m47-071.jpg

m47-072.jpg

m47-073.jpg

m47-074.jpg

m47-075.jpg

m47-076.jpg

Comments and suggestions are welcome! :)

The guns painted? that's unique. I don't think I could ever build that kit, I'd never get it finished. This is a nice clean build, it would be a great canvas for all sorts of paint techniques.

Thanks so much for your kind comments, Ruben and moon puppy! I really appreciate them!

Ruben, this is exactly the color suggested by the colored instruction sheets. These boats were used in the Pacific, and they're Pacific green.

moon puppy, every parts including all guns were flawlessly painted. You gotta give it a try, you'll be proud when you finish it!

Extremely well built model I like that a lot !! :)

I think the paint would have bubbled and flaked off as soon as the gun was fired due to the extreme heat in anycase

Nice clean build. Really well done.
I would love to see this one done in a Dio with the crew running
around and heavily weathered... (Not your kit, but someone else doing
another one).
Truly a masterpiece.
Shawn

Many thanks for your kind compliments, andy and shawn!

I think I saw someone built this boat into a dio somewhere and it's a very nice dio.

You have done a superb job with this beast ! :) I have seen a model in a diorama in MMiR which is superb too .

I am sure it looks impressive in the showcase .

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks so much for your kind words, Jenny! But it's not me who built this. As stated earlier, this is the work of "Niphon". He is one of five modelers who works for me. Three of them work only for me and "Niphon" is one of the three. More in "Figures" Forum, see my latest thread "3 New Busts".

MM, tell Niphon thats a great build. Very nice, looks facotry fresh. Very well done.

I want to get this kit, and the photo etch for it. Probably have to save for 6 months though! and then take another 6 months to build!

Back