• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Eduard Fw-190A5

Dusan

Hello :)

This is my latest quickbuild 1/48th Eduard Fw190A5 Lt.Emil "Bully" Lang. He flew this aircraft as Staffelkapitan of 5/JG54. (173 Areal victories and 400 combat missions).

I found a 4 color photo of this aircraft black "7" and 5 in black and white so I had a very very good references.
The whole model was primed with Valejjo Black primer and painted in RLM 76/71/70/79/02 cammo scheme, using Gunze colors.

Pictures:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Some in progress pictures, The fit is very very good, no filler at all.
006.jpg

007.jpg

I hope you like it and thanks for looking. :drinks

All the best!!
Dusan.

Fine work Dusan, I know what a paint that Butcher Bird can be.

Bully Lang, long story short, I have an elderly friend who was a P47 pilot attached to the 406th FG, 513FS. He saw Bully Lang shoot down his wingman on Aug 19, 1944. Maj Henry Shurlds P47 blew up in his windsheild, he escaped Lang's guns somehow. Lang was killed just a few weeks later when he was jumped during take off and his gear had stuck. He was under the command of Pips Priller.

Thank you very much guys!!! I am glad you like it! :drinks :drinks

Bob Thank You for info and amazing story! :ro:

All the best! :snoopy
Dusan.

Back