• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

"DUSTOFF!*

Tankbuilder

Hi there.

I'm going to build my 1/32 scale Revel Huey UH-1D Gunship as a SLICK and I'm goingto have it as a DUSTOFF chopper. I'll be adding figures to the scene but they are going to be a real mix of parts from various companies as I need a number of them in running poses. Here's the required newspaper date and kit shots.

charlie_dont_surf_1a_20100704_1229707445.jpg

charlie_dont_surf_1b_20100704_1681914224.jpg

I'm really looking forward to getting this done as I have had the idea for the diorama for many years now.

Cheers from Peter

BTW, should I include an image of the pile of figure parts I'll be using to create the figures in this diorama? I still don't know what parts I'll actually be using.

Thanks again.

Re:

Tankbuilder wrote:
BTW, should I include an image of the pile of figure parts I'll be using to create the figures in this diorama? I still don't know what parts I'll actually be using.

no! not needed!

your topic is the whirlybird and those newspaper pics are sufficient!

Re:

Tankbuilder building a Chopper....love it!

And I love that kit! I got the big 1:24 scale Huey but it's not even on the horizon yet. Just looking in this box brings a flood of memories.

Re:

moon puppy wrote:
Tankbuilder building a Chopper....love it!

And I love that kit! I got the big 1:24 scale Huey but it's not even on the horizon yet. Just looking in this box brings a flood of memories.

Hi there.

Many, many years ago I built both this gunship version and the Slick version with the troops bench seats. I've been wanting to do another Slick for many years now but this kit is long gone from the store shelves. I was really lucky to get this particular one for only $5.00 at a recent hobby show. I'll be adding a bit of scratch-built stuff to the interior including the armour and harness for the seats and the interior support columns between the cockpit door and the cargo door. I'll also be cutting the cockpit door windows and assembling them so they look like they have been lowered. The small cargo area doors will also be removed as they often were in the combat zone to give easier entrance and egress from the cargo area.

Cheers from Peter

Hey, Tankbuilder
Welcome aboard! Of all the wingy things, I believe a chopper is by far the best choice.
Peace and Love,
DioRandy

Back