• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dullcoate

Rusty Ratliff

I just finished my first oil wash over an acrylic gloss sealer (Future Floor Polish) and was wanting to know if I can spray Testors Dullcoate, a lacquer sealer, over the oil wash to seal it before I do more washes. I wasn't sure how the lacquer would behave over an oil wash. Thanks Rusty

I have a friend who swears by Dullcote, I've used it, but only at the tail end of a build where all the washes are complete. To seal the oil wash, the acrylic (Future, Kleer or what ever it's called these days ) would be the safe route. You want to be sure all the solvent is gone before sealing, though, patience is a virtue (oh GAG! :X ) Go for it while you're still motivated!!!! :dude :dude :dude

If you Airbrush the dull coat, then thin the dullcoat 50/50. Just make sure the oil wash is completely dry and hard. I use the Testors dullcoat all the time.
Cheers,
John

I leave my dullcoating until after all my washes, pin washes,etc are complete the matt surface is then good for the muddying and dusting

Andy

Back