• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dragon DS tracks

Rusty Ratliff

I am working on a Panther D from Dragon. I was wondering about how to finish the tracks, they are the one piece DS tracks. I was wanting to paint them off the tank then install them. Will that work? I use Tamiya paints and was wondering if the paint will crack once I start to manipulate the tracks around the road wheels? Thanks for your help. Rusty

I used Tamiya paints on some of their vinyl tracks with no cracking, you can always touch up or dirty up any areas that you don't like. Best wishes and good luck!

Rusty,

I had finished a MkIII Sherman and used the DS tracks.Hand painted them with Vallejo and I enjoyed the result with no cracks or other ´surprises` along the way. It also accepted washes and dry brush if you let it dry for 24hs (or even less...) Give it a try
Cheers,

Juliano

Hmmmm well I know the DS tracks on nearly all of the Braille bonanza kits last year were too long and needed to be shortened so it is probably worth test fitting them first too . :)

Jenny :kiss:

Thanks, for the info. I will give it a go in a couple of days and let you know how it goes. Jenny, good idea I will give them a test fit before painting.

The Tiger 1 tracks were 2-links long,but the Panther tracks were fine.I basecoated mine with Tamiya XF-64,washed them in enamel burnt umber+black,applied various pigments,and finally dry brushed with MM-gunmetal.I think they are great to work with and look pretty good.

Thanks for the Info. Just a side note that most of you all ready know, don't use turpentine to thin your oils for washes on these tracks. I did and they melted. So it looks like I am going to have to get some after market tracks after all. Oh well, I don't guess that is a bad thing.

Back