• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dot Filter Question

Leopard2

Do I apply the dot filter over a gloss coat like future or over a flat coat, like directly over the paint?

Joe

I apply mine over a protective, gloss clearcoat. Future works for me- best of luck with yours!

chuk

I don't know if I would even use the word damp. Almost like a drybrush load of thinner/turpentine.

Mine is glossed with Future and then oiled nicely and then thinned with mineral spirits you can always use tiny ammounts Liquin ( ala Steve Zaloga ) wwhich spread the oils around nicely

:)

Cant add much except dont miss step 2. The clear coating. Who would have thought that paint thinner would remove paint????

Come on guys it couldnt have been just me?? could it??

anyone?

James

I either put mine directly over the paint or over a layer of dullcote. I paint with acrylics and weather the model with enamels and the turpenoid doesn't affect my acrylic coat of paint. Depending in the surface of effect that I want to do, I use either a flat brush or a brush with a round tip.

Back