• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dornier Do17Z engine braces?

Phil

Would anyone have a clear photo of the engine braces that the Do17Z had fitted?

all I can find are dark undefined photos opn the web

I guessed and came up with this -

Whatcha think?

DSC_4837p.jpg

will be painted flat black

I'd have to say they look too heavy. Here's a pic showing the Bramo Fafnir mounting on a Do24T. Note the thin, tubular struts- they support the cowling, not the engine. Hope this helps!

chuk

PS- Really enjoying your build- I was a hair away from building mine but chose the Me410 instead.

1416848.jpg

worked on reduction all tonight here is how they look now.

not sure how much these soft rods will allow me to scrap and sand!

DSC_4848r.jpg

DSC_4849r.jpg

I had to stop on the one on the left, the Ca glue let go on three of the rods so they are curing now.

Thanks James, I think I will finish the three curing ones tomorrow paint them flat black, and cry enough!!

Cheers!

Obviously Chukw's picture was of an older mark aircraft.

Yours,however has the revised/updated engine braces-which replaced those original puny ones.
4346fefe.gif
:D

Thanks to Jugjunkie for these, Cheers Geoff!

7KG3.jpg

Do17Z-8f.jpg

do17z-colour.jpg

I think my effort will do, I'm not even going to attempt those arrangements!!!!

The pics don't lie- I led you astray! I'll have to knuckle down and study these- that arrangement isn't immediately obvious- and I've got to get to work! Thanks, jugjunkie!

Back