• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Doc's COF V - six-day-war 1967 - MiG-19F - DONE!

Flyingbabydoc

Hi there,

Since the Mirage was a bust, I will try the 1967 Ribbon again with a OOB build of the Mig-19F, the first supersonic soviet fighter.

This model will be MiG-19 F "3571" at the Hurghada AB in 1967, survived the Initial Israeli attack but was shot down by Mirage IIICJ in the second day of the conflict.

Unfortunately there are no good MiG-19 models in 1/72 (Hello Zvezda and Eduard?) so again I will battle a limited run Polish model from Plastyk. Let's see if I can tame this beast.

As you can see from the Initial Pictures a LOT of adjustments are necessary for the kit parts to fit.

Wish me luck.

Cheers

Alex

h36beb7c.JPG

h74c819c.JPG

h1edada8.JPG

h659db29.JPG

hd80e328.JPG

Doc's COF V - six-day-war 1967 - MiG-19F

Thanks Bob

In any case, I am springing Forward to the main assembly and let me tell you it was not a Piece of cake. Lots of adjustments. Seriously, no one will produce a better MiG 19 in 1/72

These are the pics. Since I have got some free time I am starting a new Project, the F-117A from the Gulf War.

Cheers

Alex

h219c996.JPG

h55d357e.JPG

hbf5d375.JPG

heac181d.JPG

h1a1fca5.JPG

Alex,
Would the KP it be a better starting point, or is this the KP it reboxed?
Frank
:popcorn

Hi Frank,

No, this is the Eastern Express kit reboxed. I agree the KP should be better, but still not the same Quality as a Hasegawa or, for that matter, a Zvezda.

This is the timeline for that kit.

h41bc340.jpg

Cheers

Alex

Wow that is some neat work! That is what ‘skeers’ Me about airplanes....u can’t throw mud on the errors and call it battle damage!

Shame that Airfix doesn’t yet produce a MiG 19.

Wow that is some neat work! That is what ‘skeers’ Me about airplanes....u can’t throw mud on the errors and call it battle damage!

Shame that Airfix doesn’t yet produce a MiG 19.

Thanks a lot Bruce. It is really a shame, These eastern european models are difficult to tame. You are really enticing my curiosity about building a tank... :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm

In any case the painting is on. I could not find a decal for the green-white-stripe used in Egyptian Aircraft during this period of the United Arab Republic so I had to do it "per Hand". It is in place at least.

This is a very "rough" kit and I tried to smooth it as much as I could. Obviously I must work and Train more on that.

Now on to the other decals. I want to have it finished by next week.

Cheers

Alex

hf2cfb46.JPG

h69aca5f.JPG

hb6362fa.JPG

h5fc43dd.JPG

h8c15ad5.JPG

h40ade01.JPG

So, this one is done. Not so good as I wanted but These Plastyk are really a challenge. Still, I am happy with the results.

Cheers

Alex

h9d71c60.JPG

h6e30185.JPG

h423e97e.JPG

h8ba660c.JPG

he3a46fb.JPG

h0c7f57c.JPG

hc35724b.JPG

Back