• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Do 335A-1a/U4 FINISHED!!!

matrixone

Here is the 1/48 scale Tamiya Do 335 I recently finished, this model was built as a Do 335A-1a/U4. The Do 335A-1a/U4 was an older version of the Do 335 modified to carry air to air missiles and was used as a Pulkzerstorer to break up the Allied bomber formations so the Do 335B-2's could get in to finish off the rest of the bombers, such tactics were so successful the bombing campaign against Germany was suspended until the atom bomb was developed and its use later forced Germany to surrender.

This model was mostly built O.O.B. and painted with Model Master enamels, I don't care for Model Master versions of the late war Luftwaffe RLM colors so I mixed up my own paint colors...no, they are not perfect but are surely closer to the mark than using Model Master out of the bottle. ;)

On to the pictures...

he60d230.JPG

h160476d.JPG

h22cf9dd.JPG

h5998dfb.JPG

hb42f618.JPG

h7c02f71.JPG

h2f6aeda.JPG

ha6882d7.JPG

h60a674f.JPG

The Do 335 nightfighter seen in pictures 4 and 8 above was lost during the photoshoot...while I was putting things away after getting these pictures a strong breeze came up and caused the backdrop to fall on the model and break it...it won't be fixed.:( War (and taking pictures of models) is hell. :gogo

Matrixone

(y) I have a Monogram version of one these. I may give it a whirl.

Terry :hmmm

Thanks for looking Gator!

Terry,
That nightfighter version of the Do 335 seen in the background of pictures 4 and 8 was made from the Monogram kit.

Matrixone

Well up to your (usual) high standard, Les. Actually, thinking about it, to me it looks like you're pushing that standard even higher.

Ian.

:S Surely any words to add to what has already been said :idonno ... (y) (y) (y)

Oh , wait . Did the rockets come with that kit ? :popcorn

Cheers, Christian B)

Thanks Bob, Swordsman, and Christian!

Christian,
No, the missiles did not come with the kit. I have had them in my spares box for nearly ten years and finally found a good use for them. :)

Matrixone

Thanks Bob, Swordsman, and Christian!

Christian,
No, the missiles did not come with the kit. I have had them in my spares box for nearly ten years and finally found a good use for them. :)

Matrixone

:blush: Didn't think so but they are very well suited to that build . (y) (y) (y)

Cheers, Christian B)

Back