• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Dirty Harry, Belgium 1944

gino2dope

Hi all,

Included I post some pictures of the latest figure I have painted.

Again, it's an Alpine figure with an Hornet head in 1/35th scale (is it obvious I'm a HUGE fan of Alpine figures?). The metal box is by Verlinden Productions, the magazine and pack of Camel cigarettes is by Dioart and the cup of tea (what else for an Englishman?) is by Armand Bayardi.

Again I painted everything with acrylics, some inks and a bunch of pigments. The effest I was after with this figure, is that he got dirty from two source : first some dust and secondly all kind of filth from working on, in and around his vehicle. If I achieved the wanted result I leave up to you guys. The groundwork is a mix of Magic Sculp and some more pigments. The grass is by Joefix and all is mounted on an S&T base ( I just wish these were still available here in Europe, or even better in Belgium).

I'm curious to hear what you guys think of it? Thanks for looking.

Cheers,

Gino

stag2B.jpg

stag3B.jpg

stag6C.jpg

stag7C.jpg

stag3.jpg

What he said!
I like it also, the dirt on his face, never seen that captured. Not that I have seen much but that's cool.

I love it Gino and welcome to Tanks and Things . :) I feel that doing a dirty face is amazingly hard to do , whenever I try it just looks like I have painted it badly .

Yours looks like a Tanker who has been through the thick of battle , simply superb .

Jenny :kiss:

Hey Gino
This is great, and as mentioned you have captured a not often seen and not often well achieved look in his dirty face! Love the goggle mark...
The photography really shows off the detail of these 1/35 scale figures well, and how deftly you have painted him :)
For me, I know that working around the AFV would possibly include kneeling, and this opens the options of adding to his knee area (and just below) whatever the ground was at the time (wet, muddy, dusty etc) Also, I know I wipe my hands on my workpants or overalls on the thigh area and sides, but this may be hard to replicate so the viewer immediately knows what the staining there is from...
Great stuff
Brad

Hi Gino

A wonderful job i agree with the other replys you have got the weatherd face/dirty face perfectlly no mean feet, i love that high light under the eyes ,all the subtle weathering of the tank suit is excelent.The ground work i feel is perfectly balanced with just enough to drift your eye but not to much to detract from the figure .
Bravo for depicting an allied figure understated their uniforms may be but with painting done to this standerd what a great job and congrats to Alpine for creating i feel some of the best figs on the market.

Cheers Chris

Hi guys and girls,

Sorry for my late answer, but due to chronic healthproblems I don't have much energy and thus the possibility to sit behind the pc. And I also want to paint a bit from time to time.

I'm very honoured to receive all your great comments, I appreciate this a lot!!!

Hi Chris,

Well, some U.S. WWII tankers are already lurking in my mind/fantasy. Just need to find the energy to build and paint them.

Hi Brad,

Thank you very much for your input. I'll try to take this with me to portrait in future figures.

Hi Penny,

I think the trick to dirty a face, or uniform or even vehicle, is to take it slowly with a lot of very dilluted layers, using appropriate colours in the correct places. Not only for shading and highlighting, but also because I think "dirt" doesn"t has just one colour.

Take care,

Gino

Back