• Modelers Alliance has updated the forum software on our website. We have migrated all post, content and user accounts but we could not migrate the passwords.
    This requires that you manually reset your password.
    Please click here, http://modelersalliance.org/forums/login to go to logon page and use the "Forgot your Password" option.

Diorama Clervaux - like it looks now

Claude Joachim

Hi everyone!

Let me show you some final pictures of the actual look of my diorama.
This thing is getting so big that i will simply make a selection covering most sides of it. I did not yet take good prictures from everything, so this should do it for now.
The diorama has now the dimensions of 2.2 x 2.1 meters (5 modules put together). It took me nearly 5 years to come so far and i am really happy how it turned out.

I should remember you taht this is all scratchbuild

Let's start with an overall picture
PICT4683.jpg

Pictures from the space behind the latest houses
PICT4613.jpg

wiese2.jpg

and the front of it
PICT4690.jpg

PICT4661.jpg

PICT4648.jpg

This is the setup on the upper side of the street, some more figures now placed with woman and child.
PICT4720.jpg

The Army theater inside the Hotel (lost this sign already during transport and replaced it )
PICT4673.jpg

kino1.jpg

View over the parking area
PICT4607.jpg

The Sherman advancing
PICT4630.jpg

A new scene in front of the castle gate, with the scratchbuild lady descending from the Lanz and the Gentleman helping her down.

PICT4731.jpg

Here is a cool picture taken at the Euromilitaire expo, where they forgot to reserve a good space for me. I was able to make this overhead picture as i was positionned right under a balcony.

Here is a picture taken during an expo in Belgium with nearly 4000 visitors during the weekend
IMG_0815sm.jpg

I sincerly do not know if this pictures are enough to give an overview about it, but i don't have more good pictures.
I am stil cleaning up my rooms now. During the winter i need to do some 1:1 scale house work. Planning for the next parts is already started so this story will continue and probably also will lead to a second book.
For those not yet having the first one (cough , cough) i invite you to take a look at my website. I'm shipping to the whole world for only 6.5 Euro shipping costs (post raised prices already to 7€, but i take the difference on me)

Hope you like it

Claude

Hey brother , what's happenin ?

I can't believe it's been 5 yrs. already !!! .......... I remember well when you started this .

Simpley an unbelievable masterpiece , everything is just perfect .
Down to the smallest detail , nothing left out , ..........

I was specially honored to have Claude make me Clervaux's head electrician :laugh:

I'm looking foward to the next book , ......... guys you won't be dissappointed with this book [ and the first ] are must haves .
If you are ever in a modeling slump pick up this book and you will get instant inspiration , it's truely a modelers drug !!!

This is not a confirmed rumor yet , .......... but Claudes next project is the entire country of France on June 6th 1944 . :lol: :blush:

It's good to see you here Claude , you should drop in more often , ............. Glenn !!!

Wow...look amazing you made 2.2x2.1 m size of dio. :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy The bigest one I'm trying to make now is 15x24 inch size...

In every dio module you made in very detail...I love them all...

P.S. How about the space to put this dio, any complaint from your wife? ;)

Num , not to speak for Claude , but I think I know him well enough to tell you this is his hobby , vision and passion , .............. when someone takes on an endevor like this , .......... some of his soul , heat and mind are in the build !!!!
Besides , .......... he's home and modeling , what more could a wife ask for !!!
My wife backs my hobby up always , ........ for those very reasons .

This is his modeling Beatles White Albumn , ....... Claude has always had a clear vision on this build , hell , it's an exact replica of the town in WWII .

I'm just happy to have followed this from , pretty much the beginning , Claude has fought with himself over the smallest details , just to get it right .

He is somewhat my hero , along with quite a few others , Uncle Bob , Lewis P. , and many more I don't have room to mention .
Hell , these were the people that made me go model geek and enjoy the hobby !!!

The real trick to their success on massive dios , ......... is to follow through and complete them .
Plain and simple .

Num , you have some very good builds , ............ if you can , expand your mind and your convictions , and you'll be my hero too !!!

Yago is on his way also , ......... just look at what he puts into his work ..............

Randy Ditton is amazing , ............. and he's doing this sh#t in 1/72nd scale !!!

You can do anything you want , ............ you just have to have the attitude !!!

Ok , that's enough , ............ I just got off of work and had a few Millers ............

Simply insane what you have done with that. I have been following this on various sites and love it. I can't believe how realistic it looks.
Fantastic work of art.

Cheers
Rob

www.scratchmod.com

This is just getting bigger and better all the time . I really would like to see you and Yago , Bob Letterman & Cheyenne all get together one day and I am sure they will enjoy pouring over the details of this as much as I would in real life .

Jenny :kiss:

A MASTER PIECE indeed !! :notworthy :notworthy :ro:

I too have followed this on a few other sites & WOW ! That's all I can say. I would love to see it in person .. but I live in th U.S. :angry:

CLAUDE - You can't take too many Pix of this AWESOME DIO !!

Question - If Cheyenne was the Head Electrician .... Does it light up ?

WOW ! ....:gogo :gogo :gogo WoW !!!

ERIK

Dear Claude...

You know I think about this work. Is awesome.
Having your first book of Diorama Clervaux, I'm waiting you publish the second chapter ;) .
You have made a great work during years, and this is the final result... I have no comments. I like all.
Congratulations....

Cheyenne, thanks for your words. When I have a great work than this, I'll publish a magazine or a book...

See you.

Yago.

Re: Diorama Clervaux - how it looks now

Glen
Ok , that's enough , ............ I just got off of work and had a few Millers ............
Then take one on me, that was indeed the praise of my life , i am still :blush:
Indeed my wife supports me very well, even feeds me sometimes in my cellar! LOL, she would certainly!
Thank you very much!

Num, i think i have nothing do ad to Glen's explanation. Beyond the initial motivation there is of course the huge success i have on the expositions and on the forums. This helps a lot.

Jenny, Rob, thank you very much to you

Erik, it would certainly light up if would wire it through! Thanks for looking!

Yago, thank you very much! Hey, this is not final :D ! I will build three-four more modules with overall 2,2 x1.3 meters to get it to 3,3x2,2.

@to Adam from Australia, who ordered my book yesterday ( i suppose you noticed it here). I just wanted to mail you that i shipped today already but the mail bounced back twice. Thanks for the buy.

Thanks

Claude

Re: Diorama Clervaux - how it looks now

Glen
Then take one on me, that was indeed the praise of my life , i am still :blush:
Indeed my wife supports me very well, even feeds me sometimes in my cellar! LOL, she would certainly!
Thank you very much!

Num, i think i have nothing do ad to Glen's explanation. Beyond the initial motivation there is of course the huge success i have on the expositions and on the forums. This helps a lot.

Jenny, Rob, thank you very much to you

Erik, it would certainly light up if would wire it through! Thanks for looking!

Yago, thank you very much! Hey, this is not final :D ! I will build three-four more modules with overall 2,2 x1.3 meters to get it to 3,3x2,2.

@to Adam from Australia, who ordered my book yesterday ( i suppose you noticed it here). I just wanted to mail you that i shipped today already but the mail bounced back twice. Thanks for the buy.

Thanks

Claude

I want to see that enlargement of the diorama...
With three or four modules more, will be awesome.
When have time, would be able to show us the idea of enlargement of the diorama?

Thanks Claude.

See you here!

Yago.

Claude, wow!!! you paln to build more 3-4 modules. How long for your plan, I will be looking to see that, that's very exiting.

Num

OK, here is a sketch i made recently
plan1.jpg

Notice the bridge and the cemetery surrounded by three bends prominently featured in every historical book about the battle.
To the left of the cemetery a Sherman will attack the first Panzer IV of the column.
The road on the bottom will be filled by the rest of the german column (this road has two meters!) and the terrain from the road to the river will all be forest on a steep declining hillside.
On the other side of the river ( to the right of the picture and below the hotel, three more houses to build. This are 1.2 x2.2 meters again, I will decide later on how to cut them for the modules.
Expected time to finish, let's say 5 years!
Way to go!

Cheers
Claude

Expected time to finish, let's say 5 years!
Wow wow wow.
Will be a pleasure to see all steps and advance of the diorama.
Do you need more space to do this parts? I was looking your Book of "Capturing Clervaux", and you show in fourth page the city of Clervaux (with Castle, Retreating Lt. Fleig, K.O. Panzer IV and Advancing German Army)....

base-clervaux.jpg

In these pic is not possible to see the bridge. And the total area you want to make is very big.
Remember that the area is in descending... from the German Attack to the bridge.

They wait for us five very interesting years...

See you Claude.

Yago.

LOL So you want a picture wth the river?

Here is one
bridge1.jpg

Don't forget that i turned around the real layout of Clervaux a bit to get on the dio what i want

Here, as cherry on the cake for the bridge building, it is flanked by two of this nice monuments
bridge2.jpg

Regarding your Google Earth picture, LOL, i am about to include something similar on my website.

In the next days i will post a long article about identification research of the Sherman in front of the castle. It will be an intersting read an will feature such a location map. Stay tuned and watch my site.

I know that it will be steep. In fact i need to go from Level 0 (the river) to about level 60-70 and more in this short space.

Thanks for your interest

Claude

Back